Sign in to follow this  
moatazlashine

Help Needed

Hey,I guess what i'm going to say is not something new to simmers, but i'm in a big hassle lately coz i wanna make my simulator looks more proffessional and more realistic.If someone could help me by recommending me the most proffessional Add-Ons that will get me to the highest level of integrity with my fsx in theses categories:1- Jet Aircrafts airliners.( I already have Wilco Airbus series 1,2 - Pmdg 747-400)2- Ground Utilities, etc....3- Sceneries,terrain,textures, etc......4- Other Utilities. ( I already have Fs2Crew for Pmdg747 and wilco AB series)I know there is Tons of Add-Ons but i want the most proffessional and realistic combination that will work together based on your experiment.Please share your experiment with me and save me from wasting a lot of time searching for good ones.

1) Depends on what you want, but the LDS767 is a very good choise, and so is the PMDG MD-11 (or so I hear). Ariane 737 planes are also very good and simulate a lot of aspects of flight, no matter what people say about them. Most of the comments about Ariane are only from hear-say. From my own experience, they are great planes, at hardly any FPS hit.2) What do you mean with Ground Utilities?3) Ground Environment X and Real Environment Xtreme will make FSX look a dozen times better, for sure. For airport sceneries, please say where you intend to fly?4) DBS Walk and Follow is a nifty camera utility that will enable you to walk around the plane, etc. I hear it's very good and I fully intend to buy it. It might also be a good idea to get FSUIPC for FSX, for those addons that still use it, but it's also get a slew of functions that are rather good.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you like to fly airliners you'll probably be interested in a different toy chest than if you would rather fly low and slow.Since it sounds like you enjoy the former, I'd say keep if relatively simple, unless you have the absolute latest, greatest system, because you are flying a complicated airplane into big, busy airports. FSX ATC is bad, so you'll probably want a replacement for that, and I use Radar Contact 4. Any canned ATC is going to have its limitations, but it is a lot better than what you get out of the FSX box.Nice scenery and mesh are pretty much wasted up high, so unless you want to spring for FS Altitude, you'll mainly want good-looking air to fly through, and this is where REX comes in. This will give a sky full of beautiful clouds and other nice textures.Although it only supports a limited number of airports, you can build your scenery collection around AES-supported airports. That's from Aerosoft and makes the flight interesting even after you land by providing a follow-me vehicle and stairs and catering vehicles and what-not.Finally FS Passengers has made a big difference in the way I fly. It adds an element of responsibility and accountability that just isn't present otherwise.In my opinion, Radar Contact, REX, FS Passengers and maybe AES if you want to sink some money into airport scenery would be your core add-ons for airline flying. And I wouldn't overload by getting a bunch of stuff at once. Find an airplane you like and just spend some time with it, learning it, and flying it around like a Cessna just for the heck of it, training. Then REX adds a lot, especially if you like to make screen shots. Radar Contact requires some study, too, but is worth it. And so far you haven't even really hit your frames that hard.The best beginner tubeliner is Coolsky's MD-80 from Flight1, either Classic of Pro, depending if you like an FMC. It has a training system that will help you a lot. The Ariane 737-800 is a wonderful airplane if you prefer something chubbier. It is great on frame rates, too, and just about everyone who operates a 737-800 is available at a price for the paint (which are very nicely done by McPhat). Captain Sim is really taking care of business now with rapid-fire updates of their 757 and 767, and both are nice, depending if you want a utility player or a go-far. Heavier on frames though.If you are more interested in low and slow, then things change. I would develop an interest in Australia and take advantage of the wonderful stuff ORBx puts out. Otherwise, UTX and GEX are going to improve your terrain stateside.Traffic is nice to add on, but now you're getting into real frame rate slaughter because you're flying complicated airplanes into busy, custom airports with lots of airplanes. I use Traffic X and like it (when I use it at all) but there are other solutions, too.I recently reinstalled FSX from scratch. What I most wanted on were my Captain Sim 757 and 767, REX and my Ariane 737. Radar contact came next. And that's all I've got installed and am having a blast. I'll get around to all the rest, but I have finally realized that until I get that super computer scenery is a distant second to enjoying the airplane I'm in when it comes to the big stuff.Just my opinion, and everybody has their own favorites. It depends on a lot of things. If you want to be more professional, you might want to consider checking out Captain Mike Ray's books on the Seven Series and the 757/767. And Navigraph for charts.

For the 767, I really don't think the CS767 is the best option available. Not if you want absolute realism. With level-D everything works, you have an option to save and load the panel state, and you even have some simulation of interaction with ground and cabin crew. The CS767 is also still being updated, whereas the LDS767 has reached state of maturity long ago. Although it's clearly less beautiful than the CS767, for the absolute realism, go with Level-D for now. You might just want to wait and see where CS ends up with their 767, although I see the fact that there is no save/load panel state option as a very big problem. I myself don't have the time to do long haul flights in one go and I usually need to interupt the flight after two hours. Not being able to save the panel state, is in such cases extremely ennoying, because you can never finish the flight without having to reanter and reconfigure the FMC, for example. That's why I have gone over to flights inside Europe and Israel. The longest flights to make are 5 hours, and I can very well manage that with the LDS767, and most flights will not be longer than 2/2,5 hours.As for the traffic, how realistic do you want it to be? if you want the AI to connect to jetways, and use the other FSX ground vehicles, you'll want a payware package. However, if you can't care less about such stuff (because these actions can hit your FPS pretty hard!), I really recommend using World of AI traffic packages, which are high quality and are free. They won't connect to jetways and such, but they are extremely framerate friendly.For the rest I pretty muhc agree with the extra additions Tim mentioned, although I don't have FSPassengers and Radar Contact 4. I intend to buy them when I have better learned the current slew of aircraft in my possesion (currently learning the Dreamfleet 727, then over to CLS 747/RFP 747, then on to the SD Yak-40, The Project Tupolev 154M and B2, and only after that will I spend more time with Ariane 737-700 and LDS767. I try to go sort of from old to new).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I recently reinstalled FSX from scratch. What I most wanted on were my Captain Sim 757 and 767, REX and my Ariane 737. Radar contact came next. And that's all I've got installed and am having a blast.
I've done a similar thing. I only have a few aircraft installed - PMDG MD-11, Flight1 Fokker 70/100 and the L-39. No scenery at all except a demo of Heathrow Xtreme! I don't bother with traffic or autogen either. Consequently, my ancient machine copes very well with FSX and I can get the best out of the aircraft themselves. And virginal FSX still looks pretty damn good most of the time!To the original poster, as you've been 'training' on the Wilco buses you may be interested in the forthcoming Airsimmer A320 (available for FS9 first, then FSX). It looks like being the most accurate Airbus ever, and possibly one of the best FS airliners. That's if it ever gets released, of course. We've been waiting a LONG time... :(. And the L-39 itself is a very professional product, and delivers virtual FSX perfection. It's ideal for checking out any new scenery you decide to install! Ian

For Native FSX payware try my list, you need excel to view it, or download free excel viewerhttp://cid-408ca931940d5e3c.skydrive.live....X%20Payware.xlshttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,X Graphics for environmental textures.Active Sky Advanced for your weather program.

Lots of good suggestions there, and to those I would add some stuff to make the 'office' a bit more realistic in terms of what the real airline pilots have at their disposal...For, you might want to look at Flight Keeper, which adds a ton of stuff that will make flying airliners much more realistic and enjoyable, then you might also want to take a look at SimPlates X, which will give you all the proper approach plates for most anywhere you want to fly to and from. I'd certainly second getting hold of Mike Ray's Flying the 700 Series book too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here