Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Recommend 737 and Panel combo?

I'm wondering what the state of the art is for 737 flight models and panels? I've tried the greatest airliners 737 on a friends PC a few months ago. Looked nice enough, but I'd like some opinions on flight model / cockpit operation from someone who's had more hours. Any others at the top of the list?thanks!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Lobaeux4

My tops for best 737-> Dreamfleet 737 panel with Ariane Gmax model. I think until the PMDG 737NG comes out, the DF/Ariane 737 is the best there is.

Guest ba747heavy

Just wait for the PMDG 737NG, you will be amazed! Take it from me ;-)

Guest SlimDady

i have not tried any retail models.I love the ffx series of 737s

Thanks for your input, everyone.Will the PMDG Next Generation 737 be a complete package (panel/plane/sound/FMS/etc)?Thanks,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Bob_Jones

Oh yes...and more ;)Regards,Bob JonesPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the plug - I mean LINK! :) :)That does look impressive. How long a wait are we talking? Will I be installing this for FS2k2 or FS2k4, since I preordered? If its an "its done when its done" situation, please excuse my asking.Thanks!sg

Guest Bob_Jones

Hi, take a look at our forum, most of your questions have been answered ;)....we are in the first stage of beta testing, and believe me, it's being tested to breaking point LOL, as for when it's released, well, like most other groups, we will release only when it's bug free.Regards,Bob JonesPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

today IMHO the best combination isDF737 Panel + Ariane exterior model.the visual model is more close to the real 737 than what i see today from PMDG. there are a few details which are incorrect (eg. nose). let's assume that this won't change at this stage of development.however my creditcard is ready to get the first NG panel around with integrated FMC :D from PMDG, but i will remain with the Ariane 737.Ariane will come up with the whole NG range pretty soon ;)

today IMHO the best combination isDF737 Panel + Ariane exterior model.the visual model is more close to the real 737 than what i see today from PMDG. there are a few details which are incorrect (eg. nose). let's assume that this won't change at this stage of development.however my creditcard is ready to get the first NG panel around with integrated FMC :D from PMDG, but i will remain with the Ariane 737.Ariane will come up with the whole NG range pretty soon ;)

Guest ba747heavy

>however my creditcard is ready to get the first NG panel>around with integrated FMC :D from PMDG, but i will remain>with the Ariane 737.Why in the world would you want to do this? The PMDG visual model is sweet, a masterpiece to be sure, and isn't worth 'replacing' with an Ariane (that names leaves a foul taste in my mouth)

Guest padds

Whats that like to fly? More specifically to take off with?I read some of the info in the documentation for it and it states that the climb can be too steep in the straight climb. I have been considering this combo as the DF737 is a frame killer, the Ariane doesnt seem to be.Jonathan O'Connor

I reccommend the DF737 Panel with the Ariane 737 Model. The PMDG 737 looks great but IMO the nose looks all wrong :(Of course it's still in beta and things can change :)We'll just have to wait and see.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3