Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Problem with RC and Active Sky Advanced

The following is the text of a post I have put on the HiFi Simulations forum regarding Active Sky Advanced:-"Last night, halfway through a flight from London Stansted (EGSS) to Zurich (LSZH), on FS9.1 with ASA Build 435 and Radar Contact (RC) 4.3, I had a recurrence of a problem that I thought had been fixed. A message came up behind FS saying "FSUIPC_WAIT cannot change 3xxxxxxxx (a 6 or 7 digit number) it remains as 3xxxxxxxxx (the same number)". This causes RC to stop working and ok ing the message doesn't seem to do much as it comes back after a few seconds. FS does keep running and the flight could continue without ATC from RC. Also, the number that is displayed is not always the same.One then has to close RC and re-start it but the problem is that RC does not have a "resume" feature so, in reality, if you want RC for the flight you have to re-start the whole thing.This only happens with ASA, I have never experienced it with ASv6.5 and I thought I saw it listed in bug fixes for ASA. Maybe it was fixed for B433 but it's back with B435?I am also posting this on the RC forum but the consensus before seemed to be that ASA was the cause."As this problem involves a combination of ASA, RC and FSUIPC I wondered if there were any moves to seek a solution?Iain Smith

Some indicate that this might be a performance load and others a communications conflict so try these suggestions:Add "RemoveATC=Yes" to the General section of FSUIPC to effectively shutdown FS ATC if you are not using it.In ASA disable (if still called that) Flightwatch announcements.It has been suggested that ASA DWC can cause problems. Try with it off.These are highlights from several sources.The error itself seems to suggest a timing problem where sync was lost in application communications with FSUIPC.In this forum do a search on FSUIPC_WAIT and you'll come up with several threads.

Some indicate that this might be a performance load and others a communications conflict so try these suggestions:Add "RemoveATC=Yes" to the General section of FSUIPC to effectively shutdown FS ATC if you are not using it.In ASA disable (if still called that) Flightwatch announcements.It has been suggested that ASA DWC can cause problems. Try with it off.These are highlights from several sources.The error itself seems to suggest a timing problem where sync was lost in application communications with FSUIPC.In this forum do a search on FSUIPC_WAIT and you'll come up with several threads.
Thank you, Ron, I'll give your suggestions a try.Iain Smith

Thank you, Ron, I'll give your suggestions a try.Iain Smith
Hi Ian,I reported this issue during the early release of ASA and thought it was sorted.With the latest FSCUIPC release 3.93 it has reappeared on my two latest flights.You do not need to restart RC just click on the RC start button again and ATC will catch up with the flight!Norman

Hi Ian,I reported this issue during the early release of ASA and thought it was sorted.With the latest FSCUIPC release 3.93 it has reappeared on my two latest flights.You do not need to restart RC just click on the RC start button again and ATC will catch up with the flight!Norman
Thanks Norman, that's useful to know. Yes I too was sure this had been sorted.Iain