Sign in to follow this  
jdwgraf

Carenado C152 II ( and Cessna 172N )

Recently started with a few repaints for Carenado's C152 and C172 . I have in the past made several repaints for Flight1's C172R and have never had any " serious " problems with it . Unfortunately , this is not the case with these two aircraft . As any painter knows , a one sided aircraft means having to omit any text or logo's on the nose or fuselage of any plane you wish to paint , because of " mirroring " . Ofcourse there are thousands of Cessna's flying around so there are plenty of choices . It just means that you have to look further than normal to find an aircraft that can be repainted .Here are a few screenshots of some Cessna's that " look like " the real aircraft :1. G-BNHJ of The Pilot Centre , Denhamgbnhj.jpg2, samegbnhjii.jpg3 . This is the first one that didn't present any major difficulties .gbnhjiii.jpg4. G-BNOZ ( done as a request - but still no response from the person who requested it ) .gbnoz.jpg5. G-BSZW , just liked the paint scheme .gbszw.jpg5. OO-TOW , a Belgian C150 , so not exactly correct , just had to make the reg smaller than real life .ootow.jpg6. PH-CBG , based at EHKD ( Den Helder ) similar paint to G-BSZW .phcbgiii.jpg7. PH-HGO , from FRlight School 16hoven EHRD ( Rotterdam ) .phhgo.jpgSo far the biggest problem ( ie complaint ) is placing the registration as the mapped area is smaller than shown on the template , the fuselage being one-sided , means no text or logo''s on the door ( which occurs more often than you think ) , and no provision to place the underwing registration . The only plus ( that I have found ) , is that the tailfin is drawn twice , so you can place text or logo's here . The Cessna 172N does not however and there is an area mapped out to place the underwing reg but this does not show up in the sim .I will follow up with some screens of the C172N ( but so far , more have ended up in the bin than are " finished " ) .As a painter I can only say that I am a " bit disappointed " as the main reason that I purchased these aircraft was to paint them . Hopefully when the upload section is working again , these and others will be available here on AVSIM .John Glanville

As promised a couple of screens , this time for the C172N . The only ones I have completed are Dutch registered , but British reg's are to follow .1. PH-BSFphbsf.jpg2. PH-BVL ( I am sure this is a Piper paint scheme ) .phbvl.jpg3. PH-GYS phgys.jpgMore to follow .John

A couple of British C152"s , firstly G-BSCZ of the Halton Aeroplane Club ( from what I understand , there are 3 Cessna''s , but I can only find 2 of them - the other being G-BNKI ) . Second G-TALA of Tatenhill Aviation , there are 4 of these , TALA , - B , -C and -D each having Disney figures on the tailfin . Of these I am still looking for the other three ( all figures from " Winnie the Pooh " ) . If anyone has photo's of these tailfins and wouldn't mind sharing them , thanks in advance .gbsczatdenham.jpggtalaatdenham.jpgJohn

@Nico ,PH-HGO is available ( again ) in the file library , I re-uploaded the file yesterday . If you have any photo's of HGO or other club planes and want to share them , my email address is in the download .I also made a repaint of this aircraft for the Flight! version available on DFS .John Glanville

Guest Edurndag73

Hello all, what model year did the Cessna 180 get the small 5th and 6th seats in the baggage area? Im looking for a plane to occasionally carry 3-4 adults and several children out of my landing field thats 1600 ft long. Thanks,Dave

There she is! Golf Tango Alpha Lima Alpha! She's the first aircraft I did my PPL course in! Shame there isn't a repaint for my baby TALB :( A bit of a coincidence that reg matches my last name! ;) Thanks for upping it! Josh

The only reason that I haven't released the other aircraft ( TALB , TALC , TALD and not forgetting TALE ) , is quite simple , cannot find any decent photo's of the Disney characters . I have managed to hand draw TALA and TALD but wanted to release as a complete set .If anyone has photo's of these tails , or the oppurtunity to make them , it would certainly help . John

Here's an update on the Tatenhill Aviation aircraft . Still no luck with G-TALB I'm afraid but did find a couple of " better " examples of other Poohcharacters . The three Archer / Warrior ( no decent Warrior for FS X yet ) still have to have the striping aligned on the tailfin .Will try contacting Tatenhill Aviation for any pictures of G-TALD . Taken from photo .eeyoreorg.jpgHand drawn .eeyorehanddrawn.jpgTaken from photo .rooorg.jpgHand drawn .roohanddrawn.jpgG-TALA .gtala.jpgG-TALC .gtalc.jpgG-TALD .gtald.jpgG-TALE .gtale.jpgG-TALG .gtalg.jpgG-TALH .gtalh.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us John Glanville .