Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

What Does UT Compatibility Really Mean?

I downloaded a whole bunch of airports from Flight Ontario today and some of them were UT versions. Now I'm not using Ultimate Terrain but I started installing the airports anyway. They appear to be fine and the same as in the screen shots on the Flight Ontario web site.So, what does UT compatibility really mean? Am I missing something that I just don't notice...am I going to get a CTD, has something been replaced in the background and I just haven't run into it yet? Please let me know if you get the chance, it would be appreciated!Mark

You need to find out about Ultimate Terrain: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Most will agree these add-ons significantly enhance FS9 for Canada/USA and Europe. You get accurate roads, rivers, lakes and coastlines, plus cool night lighting effects in built up areas. Definitely worth considering.

Graeme Butler

Thanks Graeme! But consider this, I might not want to get UT. I'm wondering what will happen with airports, (which are compatible or even made with it in mind), if I don't have it installed? Are the airports going to make my system CTD or will they just look funky and have roads running through them?Mark

Guest belga1

Hello,

So, what does UT compatibility really mean?
IMHO .. this mean .. those addon's will not cause troubles to UT (they will mix well)If you don't have UT .. you will not have troublesRegards.bye.gifGus.

You should not have any problems other than occasionally roads and/or waterways etc. not matching well with the addons which were designed to be used in the UT environment.

Thanks Gus, and thanks Opa! I had installed 5 of the "UT in mind" airports by Flight Ontario on my FS9 system that doesn't have UT and they all worked really well. So I started to suspect that I might see something like roads or shorelines looking a bit odd at times. But just in case, I didn't want to get to far ahead of myself if I was increasing the chance of experiencing system issues later.I must say, all of the Flight Ontario airports look marvelous. They're well done and very detailed. A couple of the airports need AI traffic but that's the easy part. Well, I'm going to install the Flight Ontario Toronto area next and see what's what. If it's anywhere as nice as the airports, then flying in Ontario will be a whole bunch of fun!Thanks again guys!Mark