Sign in to follow this  
jjaycee1

Orbx Tamworth Airport out tomorrow

Sould be out tomorrow at Flightsim store site.I have read the Manual (available as a "heads-up" D/L) and it will be great test for the i7/gtx 200 series rigs. 7cm photoscenery areas etc. Orbx state that things like AI should be set to 16%. Well worth a look at on the Orbx site.I am fortunate enough to have the i7 975 EX and a GTX285 2G OC combi and so far I can only reinforce the delight expressed in the posts started by Sesquashtoo on his experience with a similar combi.I would be interested to see the performances people who buy the product experience as it does appear to be a step beyond the current addons.My comments are purely based on reading the manual.

I own everything from Orbx and this will be my next addition. They are truly the best when it comes to scenery IMO. I look foward to this.

Christopher Edwards

I own everything from Orbx and this will be my next addition. They are truly the best when it comes to scenery IMO. I look foward to this.
Yes!I 'll have to do some house work if I want my wife to give me back my credit card!!... :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest FxF3
Yes!I 'll have to do some house work if I want my wife to give me back my credit card!!... :(
LOL :( I do envy you guys with the i7 975 EX and a GTX285 2G computers it must be nice to see FSX and great addons in 25+ fps. oh well maybe one day.

It's ready ! :( I pre ordered, received my email a short time ago, and am at 33% downloaded. File size is 1.37GB !Joe

Joe Lorenc

Sould be out tomorrow at Flightsim store site.I have read the Manual (available as a "heads-up" D/L) and it will be great test for the i7/gtx 200 series rigs. 7cm photoscenery areas etc. Orbx state that things like AI should be set to 16%. Well worth a look at on the Orbx site.I am fortunate enough to have the i7 975 EX and a GTX285 2G OC combi and so far I can only reinforce the delight expressed in the posts started by Sesquashtoo on his experience with a similar combi.I would be interested to see the performances people who buy the product experience as it does appear to be a step beyond the current addons.My comments are purely based on reading the manual.
Interesting, I might have to pass on this now. While I crave that kind of detail (I run other phtosceneries at max res with no hit) and was looking forward to this, I wouldn't figure this texture resolution would make that much of a difference, or are there other factors that cause the hit?Looking forward to some feedback from those that pre ordered.

Best, Michael

KDFW

It's ready ! :( I pre ordered, received my email a short time ago, and am at 33% downloaded. File size is 1.37GB !Joe
Nice let us know how it is when you get a chance.

Christopher Edwards

Nice let us know how it is when you get a chance.
My comment from the ORBX forums cut and pasted : For me so far everything seems great - I have horsepower though an I7 965 @ 4Ghz, Vista64 with 6GB. I did almost an hours worth of touch in goes in the Carenado Mooney (regular resolution not the ORBX one), I began looking for people walking or dogs running on some of the roads while on short final to 30R - nothing short of spectacular. I did have an odd BSOD about an interupt problem with one processor, but, I consider it a fluke at this point, I also started trying the D3D mod for bloom effects mentioned elsewhere here (meaning the ORBX forums) today.Joe

Joe Lorenc