Bryan,Tried my first FO T/O today...tried it twice, in fact. Once with flap 5 and once with flap 15. Both attempts resulted in extreme overpitching and an eventual stall. V1 and VR were taken from the FS2Crew config dialogue and trim was set to 5.0 units. Both flights were also performed with FSPAx directly changing the weight and balance. My suspicion is that FSPax is adjusting weight irrespective of trim leading to a tail-heavy aircraft, so I'll try another attempt using only the MSFS payload dialogue.Just wondered if this had ever been tested?Andy

If in the load manager of FSPaX the load is balanced then it won't affect the pitch. And I think that 5.0 units are way too much, I put at most 2.2 units and she flies wonderful. May be though the problem was also some overspeed, tried to stay at, let's say 180-200 knots? I don't know if the FO tries to hold pitch or speed and never tried FO take offs either. itifonhom

And I think that 5.0 units are way too much, I put at most 2.2 units and she flies wonderful
Well, that's entirely possible, and a good example of why I hate flying default aircraft since there's no way to know what the trim should be. Still, I've been using 5.0 for my manual rotations and it seems about right. I don't need to retrim on the climb-out, which is the way it's supposed to be.Still, I'll give a lower setting a go.CheersAndy

OK just tried it again at 2.2 units of trim, FSPax loading but ensuring that the trim is centred, and it still pitches up to a stall. Seems to be an FSPax problem so it would be a case of disabling FSpax payload loading if you want an FO take-off.Andy

OK just tried it again at 2.2 units of trim, FSPax loading but ensuring that the trim is centred, and it still pitches up to a stall. Seems to be an FSPax problem so it would be a case of disabling FSpax payload loading if you want an FO take-off.Andy
Does FSPax move all the pax to the back the plane or something :(

Does FSPax move all the pax to the back the plane or something :(
Ha... you may be joking, but I'm actually having real problems with the FO take-off, even without FSPax. I've just tried it again with the FSPax dialogue disabled, but having adjusted the payload in the FSX dialogue (keeping the trim neutral as much as poss). It still over-pitches wildly and only normalises if I take control back.Has this EVER been a problem during testing?Also, is the PNF (i.e. me) supposed to perform the after-take-off checklist actions before taking control back if things go as they're supposed to?Andy

Also, is the PNF (i.e. me) supposed to perform the after-take-off checklist actions before taking control back if things go as they're supposed to?
Hi AndyShort answer: Yes!Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Ha... you may be joking, but I'm actually having real problems with the FO take-off, even without FSPax. I've just tried it again with the FSPax dialogue disabled, but having adjusted the payload in the FSX dialogue (keeping the trim neutral as much as poss). It still over-pitches wildly and only normalises if I take control back.Has this EVER been a problem during testing?Also, is the PNF (i.e. me) supposed to perform the after-take-off checklist actions before taking control back if things go as they're supposed to?Andy
Hi Andy,I personally tested the FO takeoffs numerous times, as did some of the other testers. Try it with a full tank of gas. It rotated fine for me without over-rotating.How much does the airplane weigh when you're doing your takeoff?Also, try disabling your joystick temporarily.... perhaps your joystick is adding "extra" input due to a calibration issue? Hard to say.Yes, you are supposed to perform that after-takeoff checklist. When done say: "I have control" or "my controls" to take control back and resume normally.Cheers,

Hi Andy,I personally tested the FO takeoffs numerous times, as did some of the other testers. Try it with a full tank of gas. It rotated fine for me without over-rotating.How much does the airplane weigh when you're doing your takeoff?Also, try disabling your joystick temporarily.... perhaps your joystick is adding "extra" input due to a calibration issue? Hard to say.Yes, you are supposed to perform that after-takeoff checklist. When done say: "I have control" or "my controls" to take control back and resume normally.Cheers,
Right...I've got to the bottom of it. It's definitely an FSPax thing. Nothing to do with FS2Crew. The problem was caused, for me, because of a difference between the FS9 and FSX versions of FSP. In the former, you disabled payload loading by FSPax by directly editing a .cfg file in Notepad. Dan's obviously tried to make things slicker by having that function performed by an in-game menu dialogue. No problem with that, but it's not obvious that the change is only for the current flight. Next time you use FSPax, the payload loading is active again unless you once more go in and disable it for that flight.I'd disabled it on a previous flight and assumed it was a permanent change as that's how it used to be. Not so. When I finished the flight (after taking control back from Marvin), and checked the FS payload dialogue, FSpax had put something like 20,000 lbs of passengers in one rear compartment!Problem solved and sorry to have caused any headscratching.Andy
QUOTE (awralls @ Sep 6 2009, 10:06 AM) Also, is the PNF (i.e. me) supposed to perform the after-take-off checklist actions before taking control back if things go as they're supposed to?Hi AndyShort answer: Yes!
Then wouldn't it be an idea to have the FO call the checklist?Andy