Sign in to follow this  
lfe

default aicraft not taking off

hi,would anyone happen to know what causes the default fs9 aircraft (specifically the 737) to not take off? it's just stuck on the threshold. all my other AIs can take off so it's not an afcad issue. the default GA planes also can take off. what's weirder is that it the stuck plane does not disappear. so all planes waiting on hold will all disappear after some time while the 737 is still stuck on the runway; all arriving planes have to go around again and again until they disappear. i'm thinking this is an aircraft.cfg issue but which part, i don't know? the only part i changed in the aircaft.cfg file is the empty weight of the aircraft but i have returned it to its orgininal value but the plane still gets stuck.

Is this an aircraft you are flying or are you referring to the default AI 737?regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Is this an aircraft you are flying or are you referring to the default AI 737?regards,Joe
it's the default 737. the default AI traffic is active. therefore it's flying as an AI. bu it just won't leave the runway.

did this happen only once? Have you tried to reload the AI traffic? How about other airports? Try to give us a bit more info on this.

If it happens at a single airport, open up that airport in AFCAD and check if any of the hold short nodes are too far from the runway (use the Fault Finder). If so, move it/them closer and save the file into your FS9/Addon Scenery/scenery folder (or if you have a special AFCAD folder, use that).Hope this helps,

If it happens at a single airport, open up that airport in AFCAD and check if any of the hold short nodes are too far from the runway (use the Fault Finder). If so, move it/them closer and save the file into your FS9/Addon Scenery/scenery folder (or if you have a special AFCAD folder, use that).Hope this helps,
hi,i don't think it's the afcad. i tried going to other airports and all other default aircrafts are taking off fine. it's only the 737 that's really stuck and it's not disappearing. so it must be the aircraft.cfg file. for now, i just removed all the default 737 flightplans from the the default traffic.

Got a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind. Which airport was this happening at? Also, do you know what paint job the 737 had? I can pull the flight plans for it and see if there's anything amiss with them if you want.Mark