Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

So who else is deadheading to White Plains right now?

Well I've departed Chicago O'Hare onboard an E-170 as United 8871 (Fictional) to White Plains, NY. Once I'm on the ground it's off to the rental car counter, then the hotel. I'm hoping to be able to stop by the training center and get a peek at the company's new bird this evening before dinner though. I hear these JS41's are pretty sweet little birds... :( Anyway I've been informed after a nights sleep, to be ready to jump right in to training. Jumping in the right seat in the morning for my first leg down to Washington. I hope all that technical studying has paid off... The tutorial instructor who's flying left seat for the leg should help a lot! Anyone know the local White Plains area? :( 1 hour out from White Plains... anyone else headed in for training?? hehee :(

Yes.I am heading there for training as well. I have a good friend who grew up there. So I only know what he has told me about the place. He said that the place has changed a lot since he grew up there. (TBE)He is a redheaded Italian (kinda looks like a redheaded Pacino) and kills my gut with his sense of humor.I am gonna be drinking a lot of coffee (not decaf) and am like a kid at Christmas...waiting for the big moment.I am told the training will be very informative and a great time as well...not necessarily in that order..LOLMy friends mother is in real estate there, so if ya needed a less expensive (read not a roach motel) place to crash,study...lemme know.See ya in training...SOON.

HAHA, well I'm on the company's dollar for this trip! So it's 2 star hotels and waffle house for me! YAY! Okay, okay 3 star and continental breakfast.. :( Ask your local buddy where I can find a good 'wheat soda' dispensery, with decent 'scenery'. :(Back to those manuals..... :(

Well, I'm a lazy git, so can someone please drop mine off at the gate? You can put the keys under the fake rose bush.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Derek said go to Tighe's Tavern.Said that's the haps/hops.
Cool, already popped a cold one waiting for the crew-call :( Hope it isn't too much longer :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Well, I'm on the ground... thank god! That captain's landing was not so good. You'd think he hadn't had his hands on an E-170 in forever! Entered the landing flare way too early, landing picture all wrong. You'd think he'd been flying a big jet recently like an MD-11 or something! Sheesh! Needless to say, early flare, out of speed, and Whammo! Lets just say I... I mean he, disipated a lot of energy. LOL :( Poor little airplane... Seeking out the rental car counter now.. You'd think the training company would have a rep for these sorts of things......These damn training manuals are heavy too! Hope the little roller skate they give me to drive at least has a trunk big enough to hold em'... :( See everyone at the pub! :(

Hey Jason, I 've been holding a chair for ya.Glad ya made it alright. Damn pilots anyway...LOLThey got a soda waiting, with your name on it.

I'm steaming up that way in my P-47D right now. Trying to get a new grip on hand flying since I have spent quite a bit of time flyin heavies lately. Hopefully I make it in time. Barely to NC now though.

Whew, sorry I'm late been studyin'! Finally found the joint and picked up my rental... Hyundai Accent :( After a few obligitory donuts in the far reaches of the airport parking lot and a 0-60-0mph run that took what seemed like hours, I was on my way! I decided to stop by the training center and sneek a peak. However, I was promptly ushered away by security folks saying something about "stay by my phone, crew scheduling will call... blah blah" I did manage to sneek a peek over the fence into the back of the hangar, but all I could see was a bunch of fellas polishing up an already pretty clean bird... Have to wait for the call I guess!So, off to the local Holiday in Express! (Cause I'm no J41 Pilot, but I did stay... LOL)Anyhoo' after checking in I hit the books! Meaning I fell asleep on em' while watching the free HBO... :( But delay aside I'm off to the pub now! Ready for that wheat soda! :(

I am stranded/grounded at the hotel till tomorrow.Have to get the bank stuff fixed.My bank did a very bad thing. I will get this straightened out first thing in the a.m.Sigh...sniff..