Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

Is there a list of FPS friendly addons for FSX

Guest FxF3

Is there a list anywhere of addons for FSX that really do not impact the FPS on FSX. So far I have found UTX seems to be okay but I'm worried about buying somethhings that really would tank my computer for now.7300@3ghz with 4megs ram and ATI 4870. FSX by itself seems to do okay. I would like some addons but want something I can enjoy or will i just have to go back to FS9 for now and put FSX back on the self until the spring of next year when I can upgrade my computer without guilt. :(

GEX will help with performance due to the way AutoGen is placed, a must have I think. FEX to replace your clouds and water and sky with no performance impact. For aircraft I find the MD-80 made by CoolSky to be very frame friendly as well as the Carenado Mooney.

Jim Wenham

I agree that the Coolsky Super 80 (Pro or Classic) is friendly on frame rates, as is the Ariane 737-800. Either one of those would probably be the lightest on the scale for airliners, as I think special care and certain graphical compromises were involved to make them so.Captain Sim products are graphically beautiful, but you are going to get fewer FPS than with the above two.I have flown the Ejet around a bit lately from Wilco and it is pretty light, too. It has been awhile since I've tried their 737 or Airbus (I may try out the former tonight with the missions -- haven't been in that one in a long time), but I don't remember them being hard on frames.But when I just want to forget about frame rates, I pick one of the two I mentioned first. They're both very nice airplanes, too, but the former has the advantage of being cheaper, having an instructional module, and an about-to-be-released package of ultra high def paints from McPhat (as payware). Otherwise it would really come down to which real airplane you preferred: the long one with the tiny wings or the chubby one. (Should mention liveries are all payware for the Ariane, too, whereas there a ton of really nice Super 80 liveries in both normal and a couple of freebies in UHDT.) I usually wind up in the Ariane, but I'm fickle :-)Anymore, since I fly mostly big stuff, I gear my setup for the airplane, rather than scenery. I find that I don't really miss all that much because 99% of my time is up where it doesn't matter anyway, and there I want my REX clouds more than ground scenery.

Well, Overland World Airlines is so, so necessary for me, Ultra FPS friendly. of course, if you fly airliners...You need the FSX patch to make it fully FSX compatible.World Airlines.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Is there a list anywhere of addons for FSX that really do not impact the FPS on FSX. So far I have found UTX seems to be okay but I'm worried about buying somethhings that really would tank my computer for now.7300@3ghz with 4megs ram and ATI 4870. FSX by itself seems to do okay. I would like some addons but want something I can enjoy or will i just have to go back to FS9 for now and put FSX back on the self until the spring of next year when I can upgrade my computer without guilt. :(
HelloLionheart Epic and Kodiak and TailwindAny carenado FSX aircraftSkysimulations DC-9Level-D 767Flight1 Coolsky MD-80's.

Guest dswo

RealAir Sf.260, Decathlon/Scout, and SpitfireClassics Hangar FW-190WWII fighters from Shockwave/A2A (buy the box; then get the free upgrade to full, FSX-native models for Spitfire, Me-109, and Mustang)P-47 Thunderbolt from A2AAerosoft BeaverAerosoft Hughes Racer (a real looker and a bargain)Freeware planes from Tim "Piglet" ConradFreeware Nimitz carrier from Javier "Thrawn" FernandezMegaScenery X Hawaii/OahuPapua New Guinea scenery from islandsim.com

GEX will help with performance due to the way AutoGen is placed, a must have I think. FEX to replace your clouds and water and sky with no performance impact. For aircraft I find the MD-80 made by CoolSky to be very frame friendly as well as the Carenado Mooney.
How does GEX help with performance? I don't understand.

How does GEX help with performance? I don't understand.
From my understanding it's because of their custom autogen placement which is more specific on their custom tiles, which means less than the default and thus not as much in view than the default settings.

Best, Michael

KDFW

From my understanding it's because of their custom autogen placement which is more specific on their custom tiles, which means less than the default and thus not as much in view than the default settings.
MichaelDoes that logic apply to UTX as well? I notice a distinct difference between USA (with UTX) and Europe (where I don't have UTX as yet). I don't get any stutters in the US and I tend to see micro-stutters over the default European terrain.As for a sweet addon--look at the L-39 Albatross--brilliantly rendered yet no impact on frames. With a very fast system, I still can't get beyond the fact that I can only get 15-20fps at KATL with default aircraft--I can't imagine what PMDG/Level D would do at KATL or KJFK. I run UTX/GEX and REX 2.0 along with ASA for weather. Jumping on to VATSIM via SB4.0 I lose about 5-6FPS off the bat. So I, like many folks, do mainly slow/VFR in FSX world and large complex iron with lots of addons in FS9.Rich Perryi7 965 Extreme (quad core oc'd 3.85Ghz)Nvidia GTX 285 (2GB GPU) nHancer 2.5.1 and NickN tweaks--I get better performance in DX10 preview modeOCZ 6GB ultra low latency DDR3 (1800Mhz) RAMRaptor 10000rpm HDSB x-Fi ExtremeDell 24"Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit