Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

JS4100 + Reality XP WXR

I've read in one of the preview stickies above that while PMDG is not simulating a WXR, the WXR screen will "seemlessly" integrate the Reality XP WXR500. Just curious if the release will include instructios for doing this? I haven't found anything in the released documentation. I really applaud PMDG for giving us this option and hope to have this working well...of course, I'm looking forward to the rest of the aircraft as well.

Eric Szczesniak

ESzczesniak (name?),The JS4100 comes with its own RXPWX500.INI (normally created in each aircraft folder by the RXP WX500 installer). If you have the RXP radar, it'll be in the panel when you initialize the JS4100. If you install the RXP unit after the JS4100, it'll already be shown as complete when you look at the aircraft selection list in the RXP configurator.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Apologies if this has been answered already, but could someone post a screenshot of the RXP weather radar in the J41 please? I'd like to see what it looks like, given the description that it'll work but isn't seamlessly integrated with the J41 panel.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but could someone post a screenshot of the RXP weather radar in the J41 please? I'd like to see what it looks like, given the description that it'll work but isn't seamlessly integrated with the J41 panel.
Here you go. (I know it's small, but as I don't own it and I don't know if anyone else has posted a shot, it's the best I can do)http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1621955

My apologies, the name thing slips sometimes...name with this one. Anyone, excellent to know how simple it will be and thanks for the info.Eric

Eric Szczesniak

Purchased both products earlier today, installed J41 first, then RXPWX500, but I

Matej Stavanja

The radar still doesn`t work, I only get a couple of green spots when I move the mouse over it.
The green spots are various hotspots that the radar gauge responds to. The one in the bottom-left corner switches on the radar.

Guest 747-fan

A question: PMDG aren't planning on making a weather radar for it themselves? The Pilot tutorial gave a hint of it:"If you wish to adjust the range of your moving map, you can do so by using the rangearrow keys on the radar display. (Yes- the radar is non-functional- but give us time,we

The guys on the team that have wx radar have the RXP rig.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest 747-fan
The guys on the team that have wx radar have the RXP rig.
Yes, I gathered as much, but will PMDG make their own radar for this plane? See the quote from the manual.

Tore,The weather radar is not required, just "nice to have".

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest 747-fan

Yes I know that too, I've got the J41 already. :( I just wanted to know if I need to shell out $29.95 for the Reality XP weather radar, or if I can wait a while for PMDG to make their own.Again, this is from their J41 tutorial:

Yes- the radar is non-functional- but give us time,we

Was wondering when someone was gonna notice that... yeah we're working on something, but it's gonna be a while. It's also going to be quite a bit different from what the other radar addons out there do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 747-fan

Ooh! Available as retrofit to MD11 and hopefully stock on NGX I'd imagine! :D Is it bound for a service patch or is it a seperate addon in itself? If the latter, any idea of the price?