Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

What's Up With Wilco?

We know feelThere has their new ERJ at an advanced stage of development, at least as far as the 3D model goes, but there is no indication that I've seen that Wilco will be the publisher. The Ejet has been out awhile and is nice, but the 737, sadly, is showing its age, as I found out when I took it for a spin today. I haven't looked at my Airbuses in awhile. I'd be afraid to find a largely non-clickable vc. I guess it is from the age when the 2D panel was king and vcs were kind of an afterthought.Anybody heard anything about Wilco's future in flight sim? I always liked their products as a fairly easy, fun ride (although the E in Ejet doesn't stand for Easy.)

Tim,If you have E-Jets, do you happen to know where I can find a Mokulele Airlines repaint? I'm gearing up for the Hawaiian airports FSDT is working on and will probably grab the E-jets for island to island flights. Otherwise I have been eye-balling the E-jets as well as all the other new stuff coming out.Keith

Keith Guillory

Having just flown the Ejets and 737, Ejets are way ahead and as good as anything out there, in my opinion. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the way they are supposed to work, though. There is an excellent third-party tutorial available, though.The Airline Livery Pack from McPhat includes 76, but I have to confess I don't remember Mokulele Airlines. If anyone else has made Ejet liveries, I don't know. You might check over at the feelThere forum, which remains active.

We know feelThere has their new ERJ at an advanced stage of development, at least as far as the 3D model goes, but there is no indication that I've seen that Wilco will be the publisher. The Ejet has been out awhile and is nice, but the 737, sadly, is showing its age, as I found out when I took it for a spin today. I haven't looked at my Airbuses in awhile. I'd be afraid to find a largely non-clickable vc. I guess it is from the age when the 2D panel was king and vcs were kind of an afterthought.Anybody heard anything about Wilco's future in flight sim? I always liked their products as a fairly easy, fun ride (although the E in Ejet doesn't stand for Easy.)
How did you find out about the new ERJ??? :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Having just flown the Ejets and 737, Ejets are way ahead and as good as anything out there, in my opinion. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the way they are supposed to work, though. There is an excellent third-party tutorial available, though.The Airline Livery Pack from McPhat includes 76, but I have to confess I don't remember Mokulele Airlines. If anyone else has made Ejet liveries, I don't know. You might check over at the feelThere forum, which remains active.
Tim Thanks!I can probably mess around with a paintkit or just fly a plain white jet and modify the call sign. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying everything that has come out recently. I have flown on a few Embraer 170s. They are nice for the short flights. In the mean time I will keep checking the MCPhat site for any additions.

Keith Guillory

Tim Thanks!I can probably mess around with a paintkit or just fly a plain white jet and modify the call sign. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying everything that has come out recently. I have flown on a few Embraer 170s. They are nice for the short flights. In the mean time I will keep checking the MCPhat site for any additions.
You might want to find the eyepoint fix in the forums (since you're sitting a little off to one side of your seat) and there is also a fix for the squishy suspension. Someone even made an improved visibility 2D panel because the glareshield is mighty small and the buttons don't light up when you push them (you're supposed to see that on your PFD). If you get it, that is. And if you do, it is worth it to spring for the McPhat livery pack. It will throw some curveballs at you if you're used to Boeingbus airplanes, though. I like it, but with limited time for simming it is just a little too different for me when I'm switching around.One cool thing is you can type FUEL into the FMC and it will figure and load your fuel for you. The FMC is amazing. (That part is not realistic, of course, but a handy shortcut; you can do it the real way, too.)

As you can probably tell from a few of my posts, I am at a cross-road with aircraft that I want to sim-fly and get well focused on and planes that are looking nice on the previews and have been hanging out there on the web for months until release date comes. I will keep on these updates and fixes in mind if I go E-jets.Thank you again!

Keith Guillory

I know what you mean. I see and I want. <shrug> But at some point you have to find discipline to pick a few complex airplanes and stick with them, unless you are a lot more competent than me (not that it would be hard). I just reinstalled FSX and it was instructive what I couldn't wait to get back on the hard drive and what I decided to hold off on, and it wasn't necessarily the "best" stuff that made the cut. There are three or four airplanes I like (and no I won't blather on about them again) and beyond that the other stuff just sits. There is such a difference between getting into an airplane you know like the back of your hand and trying to learn everything all over again. That, sadly, led to my getting rid of the Ejets again despite how much fun I was having with them. I can practically fly the Super 80 Pro in my sleep by now, and now I'm working on improving. You can't do that if you're constantly flipping.But yeah, I'm like Mad Men's Don Draper telling Betty he's done fooling around. If feelThere ever DOES get their sexy little ERJ off the ground, I'll probably be the first to buy it. I am such a sucker.Well I've wandered off my own topic. I have been stuck at home for the entire month of August recovering from surgery, so have basically had unlimited amount of time to fly (and post). And I find it still isn't enough (flying, that is), especially for long hauls. So, I plan on taking better care of myself and living well into my retirement years lol