Sign in to follow this  
BladeLWS

Cold and Dark on JS41?

Hi everyone,First of all congrats to PMDG for yet another outstanding product!My question is about starting the cockpit cold and dark. Is there any button or config that I need to turn on to allow this? Thanks!Erik

Hi everyone,First of all congrats to PMDG for yet another outstanding product!My question is about starting the cockpit cold and dark. Is there any button or config that I need to turn on to allow this? Thanks!Erik
hi just a thought if u want to start from cold and dark is bit like the other aircraft u can shut down the engines and turn off everything and than save flight for next flight since i noticed to on this unlike other pmdg aircraft u can go to menu and select cold and dark starts but i was unable to see this on this aircraft ecaept when u do the turtuio; flight

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I really wish they had made an option to load a panel state, not sure why they decided not to make one. I have no idea what or how to get this thing into a proper state for start up.

I have no idea what or how to get this thing into a proper state for start up.
Ian, Just follow the checklists. Then once you have it where you want it, just save it like any regular FSX flight.

I really wish they had made an option to load a panel state, not sure why they decided not to make one. I have no idea what or how to get this thing into a proper state for start up.
There is a cold and dark setup for the Tutorial. You can load that flight.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

As with other PMDG aircraft, I highly recommend taking a look at the manual before trying to take a hop around the patch. Especially if you don't have any experience managing shaft driven turbines. I am in debt to PMDG for pretty much the rest of my life due to the number of engines I blew apart during beta testing. :(

As with other PMDG aircraft, I highly recommend taking a look at the manual before trying to take a hop around the patch. Especially if you don't have any experience managing shaft driven turbines. I am in debt to PMDG for pretty much the rest of my life due to the number of engines I blew apart during beta testing. :(
Ha! I still can't get the darn things started. First try was the right engine that never lit off....I think I was out of the start locks. Second try was the left (while the right cooled off) which promptly caught fire and burned.Ahh, the finer things in life!

Ha! I still can't get the darn things started. First try was the right engine that never lit off....I think I was out of the start locks. Second try was the left (while the right cooled off) which promptly caught fire and burned.Ahh, the finer things in life!
Jeff,If it makes you feel any better, I burned up about 5 engines before I completed my first flight. From burning them up at start, to burning them up on takeoff, I just couldn't manage to keep her from burning up.I'm much better at not burning them up now, but every so often I'll push the power levers too fast for takeoff on a hot day and they'll burn up.

...which promptly caught fire and burned.Ahh, the finer things in life!
Haha, so that was your first one :(