Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman3

J41 CTD

Welp. Installed, no problem. Activated, I think no problem, it said activated. But the bloody thing just CTD's every time, whether I load the plane from the main menu or in game. The nifty licensing service seems to still be running in the task manager though. Ugh.WinXP Pro SP34gb ramFSX SP2My machine well exceeds the minimum specs. I suspect something is fubar with the licensing system.

Welp. Installed, no problem. Activated, I think no problem, it said activated. But the bloody thing just CTD's every time, whether I load the plane from the main menu or in game. The nifty licensing service seems to still be running in the task manager though. Ugh.WinXP Pro SP34gb ramFSX SP2My machine well exceeds the minimum specs. I suspect something is fubar with the licensing system.
i had the same problem too than i selected the british version and didnt get the cdt so mite try this it mite work yea i also get the cdt if i try to change pmdg aircrtaft whilst in the game trying to wok this one out but since it loads ok and flys gud only have problems whenh if i want to change aircraft during the game

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i had the same problem too than i selected the british version and didnt get the cdt so mite try this it mite work yea i also get the cdt if i try to change pmdg aircrtaft whilst in the game trying to wok this one out but since it loads ok and flys gud only have problems whenh if i want to change aircraft during the game
By the British version, you mean the British Airways paint? I just tried that and it still crashed. I can't see how a paint could impact it though.Another note is that I hear the engines spooling down (even at the main menu) before it crashes and I've never heard a plane make a sound in the menu before. Odd.

Do you get any kind of error message? Does the event viewer in XP show anything?And please sign your post with your real name.

Do you get any kind of error message? Does the event viewer in XP show anything?And please sign your post with your real name.
No error messages. Just a black screen and ultimately a crash (if loaded from in game) when I esc out or if I load from the menu, I see the plane for a second in the selection window, hear the engines, then crash.There is something odd here though. I noticed that if I'm in game when it goes to a black screen if I mouse around the screen it changes from an hour glass to either a cursor or a little bar as if it's looking for text input. But again, it's just a black screen. I've tried it in both full and windowed mode.I'll check the log and reply in a minute.Scott

Okay, that being the case, I'd email support if you haven't already. That's well beyond what I can help with.

Okay, that being the case, I'd email support if you haven't already. That's well beyond what I can help with.
Ok. Well I enabled a few more services manually and I no longer get that error message. Just the crash. And no errors in the log.What was the reference in another thread about being asked some questions? I was never asked any questions other than for validation. Did I miss something?Scott

No error messages. Just a black screen and ultimately a crash (if loaded from in game) when I esc out or if I load from the menu, I see the plane for a second in the selection window, hear the engines, then crash.There is something odd here though. I noticed that if I'm in game when it goes to a black screen if I mouse around the screen it changes from an hour glass to either a cursor or a little bar as if it's looking for text input. But again, it's just a black screen. I've tried it in both full and windowed mode.I'll check the log and reply in a minute.Scott
Also can try de-installing and then installing again. Also make sure the first time you run FSX you say yes to the dll questions.

Also can try de-installing and then installing again. Also make sure the first time you run FSX you say yes to the dll questions.
Yeppers. Also tried reinstalling it. I did say yes to the question. The error is in the J41 dll per the error message contents, so we know it's executing it.

Yeppers. Also tried reinstalling it. I did say yes to the question. The error is in the J41 dll per the error message contents, so we know it's executing it.
What I've discovered is that with the validation now occurring in FSX when you first select the J41, if you are in full screen mode, you kinda miss the validation interface. I was wondering how I did not receive any request for licence key, and when I started FSX again, I Alt+Enter, and there it was, the validation interface. Hope this helps.GodfreyG :(

What I've discovered is that with the validation now occurring in FSX when you first select the J41, if you are in full screen mode, you kinda miss the validation interface. I was wondering how I did not receive any request for licence key, and when I started FSX again, I Alt+Enter, and there it was, the validation interface. Hope this helps.GodfreyG :(
Hmm, I'm not sure I follow. I did input my validation code and it did say validated. But after that it crashed. I wouldn't mind revalidating, but I'm not sure how to get it to request validation again. I imagine I need to clear a registry entry somewhere.Scott

Some products require the computer to be restarted after installation. If memory serves, the Flight1 PC-12 was one, to enable the fonts to load correctly. Did you try that after installing it? No idea if it would work - I'm just taking a stab at it as I don't own it.

Some products require the computer to be restarted after installation. If memory serves, the Flight1 PC-12 was one, to enable the fonts to load correctly. Did you try that after installing it? No idea if it would work - I'm just taking a stab at it as I don't own it.
Yes, I did try rebooting.Here's something interesting. While I notice that there are 3 DLL's in the gauges folder, I only have 2 entries in my CFG file and I never get asked about the 3rd gauge, however if I tell it not to load the PMDG_BAe_JS4100.DLL file, it manages to load the airplane, however it is not fully functional obviously. My CFG works (not completely, but at least it doesn't crash) with only these two lines:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3.DLL.nobakqwnqquluueqqwuberkquoqhikzhnlbbcoil=5C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100.DLL.qwkooweukeawbznceilqrkbrckwwkoleribiorub=-2Does anyone know if there's a way to force FSX to load the 3rd gauge PMDG_BAe_JS4100_2.DLL? And has everyone else been asked to load 3 gauges?Grasping at straws here.Scott

Scott-You are barking up the wrong tree there. The second dll will not be loaded by FSX- that is intentional...You mentioned in an earlier post that you "enabled services."What did you mean by this, specifically? It sounds to me as if you have done some heavy customizing on your machine and possibly disabled some services that the J41 depends upon...Fill me in- we'll help you through it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com