Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

Installer not completing properly...

Hi Guys,Sorry to pop up again, but it seems that the installer is not completing properly...Everything starts to install... then once all of the files are done, the command window pops up for a second, then the installer quits. Doesn't get to the point to register or enter my key. When I check the Simobjects folder, the files are there, but they aren't properly registerd. If I try to add a livery, the installer runs, but says that it can't find the Aircraft.cfg file.Not sure what the problem is... not running any other programs, firewalls, anti-virus, etc. I'm in WinXP, so it's not a UAC problem either.I even re-downloaded the installer and tried again, but the same results. :( Any thoughts?Thanks!Alex

Hi Guys,Sorry to pop up again, but it seems that the installer is not completing properly...Everything starts to install... then once all of the files are done, the command window pops up for a second, then the installer quits. Doesn't get to the point to register or enter my key. When I check the Simobjects folder, the files are there, but they aren't properly registerd. If I try to add a livery, the installer runs, but says that it can't find the Aircraft.cfg file.Not sure what the problem is... not running any other programs, firewalls, anti-virus, etc. I'm in WinXP, so it's not a UAC problem either.I even re-downloaded the installer and tried again, but the same results. :( Any thoughts?Thanks!Alex
Alex,You need to initiate the J41 in FSX first before adding anything else. Launch FSX, select default Cessna or any default FSX aircraft, load FSX and once your positioned at the airport of your choice, select the J41 and it should ask you a few questions before it loads up. This is a one time deal after installation of the main package...Jason

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Alex,You need to initiate the J41 in FSX first before adding anything else. Launch FSX, select default Cessna or any default FSX aircraft, load FSX and once your positioned at the airport of your choice, select the J41 and it should ask you a few questions before it loads up. This is a one time deal after installation of the main package...Jason
Hmmm.. ok.. different than the normal PMDG process.. I'll give it a bang and see what happens!Thanks!Alex

Yeah, we've changed our validation system, it's now just a simple key you enter in the first time you load up the airplane, no more stuff during the installer. What you saw is perfectly normal.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Alex, did that work?
Yep... sorry... was enjoying a quick flight! :(

Good to hear Alex. Hope you enjoyed it. :(

Great! Glad to hear your now flying the J41...she's a beaut isn't she? Total hands on flying and the most realistic J41 for flight sim ever :-) We're glad you are enjoying the J41 as much as we enjoyed developing her. She's been Robert's pride and joy during his career flying J41s for ACA and it certainly shows in this product!Cheers,

Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Great! Glad to hear your now flying the J41...she's a beaut isn't she? Total hands on flying and the most realistic J41 for flight sim ever :-) We're glad you are enjoying the J41 as much as we enjoyed developing her. She's been Robert's pride and joy during his career flying J41s for ACA and it certainly shows in this product!Cheers,
I used to see these things coming in and out of Dulles all day long when I lived in Herndon...

Very nice, Robert was based out of Dulles flying the J41s.Cheers,

Posted Image

I used to see these things coming in and out of Dulles all day long when I lived in Herndon...
I'd love to see one of these things in the air, or on the ground for that matter. However, with no airlines in the US flying them these days both of those are unlikely to happen any time soon.

I'd love to see one of these things in the air, or on the ground for that matter. However, with no airlines in the US flying them these days both of those are unlikely to happen any time soon.
Or you could go to England, Eastern Airways still flies 'em ... but like you, I have yet to see a real J41 flying. We don't get them up here in Canada, at least in British Columbia. I do know that Air Atlantic operated J41s for some time back in the late 80s early 90s. Cheers,

Posted Image