Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

FMS fonts wont display?

Hi I am doing the tutorial on the JS4100.On page 39 when I pressed the power on for the FMS, it didn't display anything, but i could see the yellow highlight rectangle that is shown in the accompanying diagram.I hit enter and it went away, now there's just a black screen... I think for some reason the FMS display isn't finding the right font or something? I have been following the tutorial step by step so I'm fairly sure the power is available for it, (avionics master on, 28volts ground, 25.5 bat etc)Any suggestions of what to look for?Regards,andy crosby

Andy,You mean all you're seeing is just the yellow highlight, nothing else on the display at all? Did you try pressing the FPL button (Or for that matter any other button)? What happens if you do?Any chance you can post a picture?

Andy,You mean all you're seeing is just the yellow highlight, nothing else on the display at all? Did you try pressing the FPL button (Or for that matter any other button)? What happens if you do?Any chance you can post a picture?
it looked like a full bar (basically where the highlight is on the diagram) but when i switched to windowed mode for taking a screenshot it changed to just the last space, but hopefully this is visible.i also included a shot of my electrical config because for all i know i'm not powering it correctly or something, but i think it might be working if i hit enter a few times the yellow bar disappears there's still no text though..thanks,-andy crosby

Andy,Check for the font glassga.ttf in your fonts folder (access from control panel), let me know if it's there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

here's another shot before i switch back to windowed mode, where you can more clearly see that the yellow triangle matches the location of it in the tutorial image. in this case i did a reboot to make sure my computer wasn't acting up, also tried the normal resolution setting for instruments in the configuration manager. so far all the other instruments seem to work ok.. strange eh??cheers,-andy crosby

Andy,Check for the font glassga.ttf in your fonts folder (access from control panel), let me know if it's there.
yes it seems to be there, 53k file, change date is 10/16/2007 ..cheers,andy crosby

Andy,I'm gonna have to ask Ernie about this... I'll let you know what he says.
i found a bunch of fonts in my fsx folder (it's on a separate drive, d:/afsx/Fonts) that were all prefixed by J41, and copied them to my windows fonts folder, and it looks like it's working now!maybe the installer didn't move those new files to all the necessary spots for some reason.. im using xp32bit with admin privileges so i think it woulda had permissions and all, not really sure though, maybe the non-default path is an issue...anyway it seems like it's cool now thanks!!-andy crosby

Ok I'm getting the same issue but copying the fonts to the windows folder doesn't solve it for me. However, I don't have the glassga.ttf font in my windows folder, perhaps that's it?

Awesome finally!!! It was the glassga.tff file - once I copied that to the windows font folder it was solved. Ah crap, I have to go to bed now to get up for work tomorrow lol.

Guest waka172rg

This is the GOLDEN TICKET that fix my FMC works perfectly now.Thanks guys And Thanks PMDG support :(

Guest benvanboom

Hello,I don't have the glassga.ttf on my system......and also my JS41 FMS remains black....what can i do? (besides uninstalling SP2, wich i won't)Can anybody help me out please?thanks in advance.regards,Ben

did you look for it in the FSX/fonts folder?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest benvanboom
did you look for it in the FSX/fonts folder?
Hi Dan,Thanks.....i have found it and installed in Windows\Fonts....but no show on the FMS unfortunately....regards,Ben

I had run into the same problem, but I might have found a possible cause. The font file glassga.ttf is not exactly in Windows/fonts, by default only a short cut is put there. When I used AlacrityPC* to get my JS41 running better, one of the services I thought I didnt need was "Distributed Link Tracking Client" which is described as "Probably not needed on home networks". When I re-enabled the service, and restarted FSX, my FMS started up normally. I suspect the issue is the use of links to the fonts *AlacrityPC - Very handy freeware for freeing up resources