Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

Livery installers won't install correctly

Well... i got the JS41 installed and after a quick test flight, I'm IN LOVE!! She's a real beauty!!!!!But... now, the livery installers don't seem to work. :( Every time I try to install a livery, the installer runs through the routine, then gives me a message saying it couldn't find the Aircraft.CFG in the aircraft folder and that I need to re-install the aircraft..I did notice, though, that in the error message, there was a "\" missing between "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and "SimObjects"...But regardless, I tried manually pointing to the FSX directoey , but still didn't work.Any advice?Thanks!Alex

Alex,Sounds like your FSX registry entries may be damaged. Try running Flight1's tool for repairing it:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe
Hi Ryan,I already tried that... no dice! I'm just going to try re-downloading the installers again... though I really don't think they're corrupted. :(::: Update ::::Re-downloading didn't work... still says it can't find the Aircraft.Cfg??Not sure what to do about this one...

Alex,Is it just one livery, or is it all of them?EDIT: Man, I'm just slow on the draw tonight.

Alex,Is it one specific livery or multiple?
It's all of them.. I downloaded the whole lot and tried them all... As I said.. I even tried manually pointing them to the FSX folder, but still the error.... and it still keeps leaving out the "\" between "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and "SimObjects" in the error return message.I rebooted, tried the Registry repair.. but nada!I've never run into this one before...

Ok, I spoke to RSR about this (he wrote the installers) and he really thinks something is screwed up with your registry, most likely something the Flight1 tool isn't able to fix. Can you try running a repair install of FSX or just plain wiping it out and starting fresh?Also, make certain the J41 is actually installed to (FSX folder)/SimObjects/Airplanes/JS4100/Aircraft.cfg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok, I spoke to RSR about this (he wrote the installers) and he really thinks something is screwed up with your registry, most likely something the Flight1 tool isn't able to fix. Can you try running a repair install of FSX or just plain wiping it out and starting fresh?
I'mm 99.9% sure its not my registry:Thinking: ... I just installed, the new FTX Tamworth (all 1.3GB of it) and two new Aerosoft sceneries a mere couple minutes ago and they installed perfectly!And sorry... but I'm just not gonna do a complete reinstall of FSX just for a couple of liveries.. I have WAY too much time and effort invested in configuring it, installing dozens of addons, etc... I'll park the JS41 in my inactive folder rather than go through a complete re-install of everything :(
Also, make certain the J41 is actually installed to (FSX folder)/SimObjects/Airplanes/JS4100/Aircraft.cfg
That's the first thing I did... its in there... and apart from the livery installers, it's working beautifully!

Ok.. I hate to break it to you.. but I think it is the installer script...I ran one of them again.. and this time, I manually selected my FSX folder... BUT... I inserted a "\" after "Microsoft Flight Simulator X... and it installed!!!The installer just needs to put that "\" in there...

Ok.. I hate to break it to you.. but I think it is the installer script...I ran one of them again.. and this time, I manually selected my FSX folder... BUT... I inserted a "\" after "Microsoft Flight Simulator X... and it installed!!!The installer just needs to put that "\" in there...
Is there anything at all non-standard about your OS settings etc? Any regional Windows versions, alternate languages etc?There's nothing wrong with the installers, the testers installed all of them before release and I just tried several of them myself and they work as expected... this has to be something really localized to your machine/OS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well... I managed to install EVERY livery... and every time, I had to insert the "\" after "Microsoft Flight Simulator X.So... I'm good to go.. but at least if someone else runs into the same problem, it's an easy fix! :( Thanks!Alex

Is there anything at all non-standard about your OS settings etc? Any regional Windows versions, alternate languages etc?There's nothing wrong with the installers, the testers installed all of them before release and I just tried several of them myself and they work as expected... this has to be something really localized to your machine/OS.
Nope.. nothing non-standard about my machine... I've installed dozens of add-ons without a single problem. Flight 1, Areosoft, Orbx, PMDG... never a single problem till now.But for me its no longer an issue.. I fixed the problem and they all installed!
Was it a back slash "\" or a forward slash "/" ?
Its a "\"... that's all

Well... I managed to install EVERY livery... and every time, I had to insert the "\" after "Microsoft Flight Simulator X.So... I'm good to go.. but at least if someone else runs into the same problem, it's an easy fix! :( Thanks!AlexNope.. nothing non-standard about my machine... I've installed dozens of add-ons without a single problem. Flight 1, Areosoft, Orbx, PMDG... never a single problem till now.But for me its no longer an issue.. I fixed the problem and they all installed!Its a "\"... that's all
One thing I noticed about the installers is that they continue to stay in the task manager even after they appear to have terminated. I installed several paints the very first time one after another and was wondering if the fact that although from my perspective (without looking at the task manager) they were all run in sequence, that in actuality they were running at times simultaneously.