Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 Released!

Captains!The PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 has been released!With this release, we've brought you a truly superb turboprop simulation that we think will provide you with entirely new mountains of learning to climb! The JetStream 4100 is "typically PMDG" in terms of systems detail and operating complexity, with detailed operating manuals, an introduction and tutorial in the release package. The airplane has one of the most complex turboprop engine models yet created for FSX, and we are certain that you will spend some time learning new skills of engine and thrust management that are not required in jets...The JetStream 4100 has served as a development testbed for some new technologies we've implemented to model virtual cockpits in astounding detail with the minimum FPS hit possible. With this cockpit, you can zoom right in on the finest details such as the black brushes that protect the throttle housings, and you will see virtually no loss in clarity even at high zoom levels. We have implemented new features such as the PMDG Configuration Manager to help you match the simulation detail to the capabilities of your hardware, and we have launched a new feature known as the PMDG RAMP MANAGER to allow you to control non-aircraft animations and items such as engine plugs, chocks and a GPU.In the air, you'll find amazing levels of system modeling, crisp, clear displays, a thorough simulation of the airplane's avionics right down to the Radio Management Units, and of course the engine modeling. You will find that managing engine temperature becomes a primary flight task and little things that you haven't paid much attention to in the past (such as punching into a cloud layer while climbing out) can change your entire approach to the flight. Changes in EGT when the anti-ice system is in operation, the availability of APR (Automatic Performance Reserve) for single engine operations, Negative Torque Sensing and Temperature Limiting Logic are all modeled in the usual PMDG style...For those who enjoy flying in lousy weather, you will need to pay attention to the ice load on the airplane and operate the anti-icing equipment accordingly. To add realism, the icing model isn't just a fancy visual trick- we've added an icing accretion and sublimation model to accurately reflect how the airplane accumulates and loses ice in various flight conditions.On the left side window- spend some time playing with the new PMDG LOAD MASTER SHEET to place passengers, cargo and carry on bags in your aircraft. Don't forget to correctly adjust the fuel reported on your load sheet- and then reach down between the seat and the center console to pull out the speed cards so that you can accurately compute your takeoff and landing speeds!This simulation is very complete from power up to power down, and allows us to test out some new technology that comes to maturity in this product- and gives you a glimpse of what the future looks like in our upcoming PMDG 737NG2.0!We are very pleased to have this airplane out to you at last- and we hope you will take advantage of all the free liveries that have been posted on our download pages. There will be more liveries to follow in the days ahead, as well as a user paintkit!We are very pleased to bring this product to you- and of course I have a particular soft-spot for this one since she was my first left seat assignment... I'd like to thank our very dedicated and talented development team- without whom such a project would simply be impossible. I also want to mention the good folks at NorthStar Aviation in Mena, Arkansas who were very generous of their time and airplanes on one of the coldest days Mena had seen in almost ten years. Many of them were old Atlantic Coast technicians, and it was nice to see familiar faces when we visited there to generate the source material for this project.So- load her up, go fly- and let us know what you think!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well I am not fan of any turboprop I love JETs more but I purchased this day this simulation to support PMDG. However I installed it and it is wonderful. Amazing how it looks and behaves. Maybe I become a fan of turboprops?Thanks again for the great work,Matyas Majzik

Thanx PMDG guys... Love the RXP500 integration. Awesome ! :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Thank you PMDG for providing such a realistic simulation of this aircraft! It's great!!!!!! :(

I'm neither a fan of turboprops nor of VCs, but I guess I'll purchase the JetStream 4100 simply because of the fact that it's a PMDG model.The lack of a 2D panel hits me extremely hard and I don't think I'll ever get accustomed to VCs using even advanced hardware devices like TrackIR (which I don't have yet). I tried with Ariane's planes (VC only too), but I'm back to 2D for airliners since it's easier to manage the systems there and "keep control". I can only guess that the main problem for me is the way how "movements" in the VC are implemented in FSX and if it would be a little different, I could get more familiar with VCs.So, for me, what PMDG has done for the MD-11 is the absolutely perfect solution: a great VC for those who love it, and a superb 2D panel for folks like me.I'd hate the idea of not having a 2D panel in the 737NG 2.0 anymore! I only hope that the vague statements from PMDG don't mean that 2D is "dead" for their developers and 2D keeps being available in future planes as well.Andreas

PMDG, you've done it again ! :( Thanks for bringing us those fantastic simulations !Jean-Charles Montagne

Downloads done, money spent, printer working hard. It's going to be a long fun day, thanks guys :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I`m sure there`s a certain irony in rushing home from the left seat of a real 747 to download the jetstream :( but hey thats work this is fun.Just taken her for a quick visual circuit at East Midlands(without reading too much first,sorry) I must say she`s a real joy to hand fly,very stable and its great looking over your shoulder and seeing that big prop disk spinning around. And the textures in the VC, just superb.Well done guys, should fill a gap in the FS hanger and keep me busy for the winter nights.Now just one more quick go before I go to bed for a a few hours.CheersJon B

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Robert, it's the first time in Avsim forums that I speak as a commercial pilot.On behalf of all flying women and men in this world that love sharing their passion (some are crazy enough to spend their free time virtually flying -no psychanalists were able to cure us until now-) I'd like to thank you and your team very warmly and gratefuly for the aeronautical education you are offering to thousands of youngs, olders, girls, boys that love airplanes. They are able to reach, thanks to your work and devotion, an almost professional level in flying aircrafts.Kindest regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Robert, it's the first time in Avsim forums that I speak as a commercial pilot.On behalf of all flying women and men in this world that love sharing their passion (some are crazy enough to spend their free time virtually flying -no psychanalists were able to cure us until now-) I'd like to thank you and your team very warmly and gratefuly for the aeronautical education you are offering to thousands of youngs, olders, girls, boys that love airplanes. They are able to reach, thanks to your work and devotion, an almost professional level in flying aircrafts.Kindest regards,David
I think David just about sums it up for many of us. Well said David! Not many of us get to follow-through with our childhood dreams of someday becomeing a pilot, but PMDG certainley lets us take a peek.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE