Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 Released!

Downloading as I speak :( The servers are a bit overwhelmed, but in one hour I'll try starting the engines ;)Can't wait, thanks,Thomas Eklund

Love the Beast really, I just reached cruising altitude for my first flight.But one Question remains:Who the hell left their fingerprints on my shiny new J41 FMS?? :(nice job done guys :(

I still havent flown the MD11 yet that I purchased on day of release! (Not for a full flight anyhow)Damn that new PS3 slim and Batman otherwise I would still have some spare cash this month to purchase.I've downloaded the manuals anyhow so will try and get a feel for it as I too am used to jets and havent really got a clue how to fly a prop.Graham

Aviation is an incredible hobby and passion to have in my opinion. Aviators are dreamers, the feeling we get when we leave the ground and fly into the blue with our complex machines, using knowledge obtained through years of studying and reading. The speeds, the sounds, the feel, the flight planning, the clouds, the sun, the sky, the runway lights and of course the cockpit filled with the very familiar buttons and displays. And let's not forget the wonderful community. Just awsome. PMDG captures a lot of these feelings with their highly realistic aircraft and operating manuals. Great job PMDG, it wouldn't be the same without you.CaptEm

I must say i was one of those people that when this product was announced was a hater..... however after seeing the product here, i began to think it wouldnt be bad! and now 14 hours after purchase, wow, what a wee gem!Great aircraft to fly! My only problem now is getting around all the special needs that come with the Geared Turboprops! Also the FMS..... talk about basic! lol! im use to the MD-11/B744s! Fantastic Job mateys at PMDG! I salute you at all your work.Now hurry along and bring me my NGX!! (lol after you have basked in your wonders of the JS41 but not too long please! :) )Also for those who are interested, one word of advise, READ THE MANUAL FIRST!! Seriously! this isnt just one of your jump in and go sims!

Guest PPSFA

Two questions, one I think is already answered but I'd like verification...no 2D cockpit or popups?Second, is it coded to work with mulitplayer shared cockpit?TIA

Simply put...This is the best thing to happen to Microsoft Flight Sim thus far. I'd like to congratulate all the PMDG team members who were responsible for this release. For anyone who is second guessing if they should purchase...don't! This is an amazing airplane and PMDG has once again set a new standard for themselves and the market. Even though it's a long way off, I am looking forward to the NGX more than ever after seeing some of the technology used in the J41. As a real life pilot out of Allentown, PA, I can say that PMDG add-ons are the only thing that come close to the joy I have when I am up in the sky for real. Thank you all again for this wonderful plane and your dedication to the flight simming community.Chad

Amazing work guys, first plane I've ever bought from pmdg but I must say: I'm impressed!!!Just one question, are you considering releasing a failure simulator for this wonderful airplane?Best regards,Carlos DomingosPS:First screenshot

I think they are still working on some things. Cause some of the stuff in the manual says that it is not yet implemented while other things say they aren't simulated in the aircraft. Just have to see what Capt. RSR has to say in his next post. I just over stressed the aircraft on my first flight not even a few minutes in. Hopefully there will be a failure module similar to the MD-11's though, but of course on a smaller scale.

Mr. Randazzo and PMDG team,I have been your customer since the release of 737 for FS9, and purchased nearly every airplane you have released since then (only missing the B1900 I think). I think every airplane has always been a leap forward. Right now, the MD-11 is the one that sets standards to all other products in the line of airliner simulations.Having only been able to try out the J41 for a few small flights so far, I can already tell its certainly an impressive piece of work, with a very realistic feel to it. I think the main leap forward with this airplane has been made in the visual quality of the virtual cockpit.If theres anything I could "suggest" for improvement, it would be to keep including the 2D panels, not just for FMS, but also at least for the overhead panel. If theres one feature I could ask you to add right now, it would be that you make a 2d version of the overhead panel. :) I think the lack of 2D panels and lack of programming key functions is a small step back from MD-11. I hope that for the 737, all these will be included. I wouldnt mind paying more to have these features.All in all, an amazing piece of work! Congratulations!Btw, I see that the PMDG team is growing. Is Bill and Michael now working with the 737NG? I still consider their MD-11 as the most amazing achievement ever in FS aircraft. Keep up the good work!

The trick I learned for overhead, which I only use during starts, was to open a new window selecting cockpit overhead view. That allowed me to press switches overhead while watching RPM and moving power lever on console. Like having eyes in the back of your head like Mom does.

Dan Downs KCRP

The trick I learned for overhead, which I only use during starts, was to open a new window selecting cockpit overhead view. That allowed me to press switches overhead while watching RPM and moving power lever on console. Like having eyes in the back of your head like Mom does.
This is otherwise a brilliant idea, but it takes its toll on the frame rates. The J41 seems to already be quite hungry for frames due to the detail. If you have a second (or more) monitors, you would want to keep the overhead panel there for the whole flight.

Stunning. Simply stunning. Robert, you can rightly be very very proud of your new baby. She's incredible! Thank you :)

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

This is otherwise a brilliant idea, but it takes its toll on the frame rates. The J41 seems to already be quite hungry for frames due to the detail. If you have a second (or more) monitors, you would want to keep the overhead panel there for the whole flight.
Antti,Have you checked the configuration manager? You will be able to tone some things down to make the J41 run decent enough on your machine. Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64