Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Good news from PMDG !

The BAe Jetstream 4100 is available for purchase!More details here

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

QUESTION: Is this Jetstream an FMS ONLY model or will there be a conventional GPS from FSX installed? Or Both?Stan

Guest TiggerToo

since there are no 2d panels I imagine it's FMC all the way.

Anyone fill me in on likely frame rates for this sleek machine? Is this another L-39 or are we in 767 territory?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Frame rates are just fabulous for this kind of complex machine.Something like a Carenado product !! Just unbelievable.It's also Dx10 fully compatible.Very nice job.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hummm .... my FPS is NOT like a carenado one. It

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Guest PPSFA
The BAe Jetstream 4100 is available for purchase!More details here
From the description I don't see mention of any 2D cockpit or popups or multiplayer shared cockpit compatibility, any word ony any of those?

Guest 747-fan

It has 2D panels for the ramp manager, FMC and the autopilot controls on the centre pedestal. It's also configured for the Reality XP Weather radar, so that it fits into the VC. I assume the RXW radar 2D panel will also be available if you've got it installed. Other than that it's VC only.

Jay,No one tested it with shared cockpit that I know of. As for 2D panels, there are none. The decision was made early on to go as purely VC as possible, and the result was that the only popus are for the Ramp Manager (which handles ground animations and doors) and the FMS. I've been a "VC guy" for years, and this is the best VC I've ever seen -- there were several beta testers who had never flown from a VC before the JS4100 and their reaction initially was "hard to get used to", but within a few days, they were convinced that the VC is the way to go.Incidentally, the gauges in the VC are all 3D, which makes them very, very smooth -- this is not your father's virtual cockpit.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest PPSFA

Tks for the replies, looks like a pass on this one. Someday dev's will realize the cockpits have 2 seats.

----------As for 2D panels, there are none. The decision was made early on to go as purely VC as possible, and the result was that the only popus are for the Ramp Manager (which handles ground animations and doors) and the FMS. I've been a "VC guy" for years, and this is the best VC I've ever seen -- there were several beta testers who had never flown from a VC before the JS4100 and their reaction initially was "hard to get used to", but within a few days, they were convinced that the VC is the way to go.Incidentally, the gauges in the VC are all 3D, which makes them very, very smooth -- this is not your father's virtual cockpit.
If there's no 2D, it's not for me!Alex ReidHere's why. (Fokker 100 near Juneau AK)

Guest ThrottleUp

A very interesting addon. I might just get it as I hear one of the PMDG team flew this thing so the detail is pretty mental :( Never seen one in real life but I saw its older brother the J31...the pregnant one! (belly cargo pod)

Incidentally, the gauges in the VC are all 3D, which makes them very, very smooth -- this is not your father's virtual cockpit.
Well, except for the "glass" of course... :( It appears to be another outstanding release! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator