Sign in to follow this  
pilotextwo

FSX crashing on exit / Sound Issue

First of all, I want to thank the PMDG team for this excellent product. I haven't had much time yet to learn this bird but the first impression has been excellent.However, I have noticed two problem: After I end a flight with the plane (going back to the "Free Flight" window) and then exiting out of FSX, it crashes and I get the following:image20090905002708741.jpgNot that big of a deal but I thought I still should report this.-------FIXED------Second problem: When switching views from External to Internal, I lose the engine sound till I press ESC twice or open a menu within FSX. ----- FIXEDSpecs:Running FSX in Window ModeQ6600 StockGeForce 8600GT 256MBWindows XP SP3 32bit4 GB of RAM @ 800MHzSound Blaster AudigyPS. Accept my apologies if I don't reply back till tomorrow. It's 12:45AM Local time here in Los Angeles.Thanks again and best regards,

Hi Farshid,The sounds going missing while changing views is a known FSX issue - you can quickly reset the sounds after changing views by pressing "Q" twice.Thanks,Armen

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks Armen for the quick reply. I just fired up the aircraft again and noticed it only happens once during the flight. After that I can change views all I want and everything is normal. So that's fixed...everything is cool. Thanks!

Hello,Same problem here. FSX always crasches with out of memory after a J41 flight except when I directly exit within the simulator with ALT F4.Matyas Majzik

Farshid / Matyas-Thank you for your feedback on the CTD-On-Exit.We are trying to find a reproducible case in-house in order to find the cause of this- but thus far we haven't succeeded.Can you help me out with a bit more data?-> Does this happen on ALL occasions when exiting FSX after using the J41?-> Is this happening ONLY when you exit FSX from the FREE FLIGHT menu?-> If you exit from within the sim- does the CTD happen?-> In sim, have you initialized the FMS when this happens?-> Does it happen if you have not initialized the FMS?-> Any specific location and/or flight plan?Thanks, guys- this particular CTD is more an annoyance than anything else- but we don't like loose ends- it gives the appearance of untidiness...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Just to help out with my experience of this problem,a) Yes, it happens after exiting FSX when I have used the J-41 even if I have changed plane after I have used it.b)Yes this only happens when exiting free flightc)No, if I exit the sim from within (ie, Alt-C) it does not happen.d)No, it makes no difference, I dont usually get that far because I have engine start issues.e)Yes, see abovef)No, any situation or airport Hope this helpsRegardsDan.

1. All occasions when used J412. YES, when exiting via end flight in free flight 3. when exiting directly within the sim no CTD happens4. YES5. YES6. not specific to location (just tested)Matyas Majzik

Exactly the same problem as the other guys, besides that the J41 is wonderful :D

Guest UlfB

Hi,I haven't experienced any program failure with the J41. But I normally exits FSX from within a flight. Not from the Free flight screen. So I made a test.

-> Does this happen on ALL occasions when exiting FSX after using the J41?
No.
-> Is this happening ONLY when you exit FSX from the FREE FLIGHT menu?
Yes. And this is when I exit a flight and returns to the free flight menu with the J41 as the selected aircraft.
-> If you exit from within the sim- does the CTD happen?
No.
-> In sim, have you initialized the FMS when this happens?
No.
-> Does it happen if you have not initialized the FMS?
No.
-> Any specific location and/or flight plan?
No.Hope this helps to track down the cause.Thanks for a very, very special aircraft :(

My apologies, Robert for not responding earlier. I was too busy flying (or should I say learning to fly?) you know what ;)My findings are basically the same to that of Dan:-> If the J41 is just loaded in the "Free Flight" but not actually flown, then the CTD does NOT occur. On all other occasions the exit resulted in CTD-> The CTD occurs regardless of if I am in the "Free Flight" window or some other.-> The CTD does not occur if I exit from within the sim-> Regardless of the FMS being initialized or not, the CTD does occur on exiting FSX-> I have tried it in several locations and the CTD still does happen