Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

J41 CTD and fatal Error

Can you guys with the CTDs try rebuilding your FSX.cfg file? Just rename it to FSX.cfg.bak or something like that and then run the sim, it'll create a new one.There definitely is not any inherent CTD issue with this aircraft, we'd have seen it in testing, which was extremely extensive over the past few weeks. No one saw anything of the sort. It's gotta be a localized issue on your machine somehow...
Thx you for your reply and i will try that when i get home from work and hope it works.But I want to be very clear I have not had any problems of anything like this untill i loaded the J4100 started fsx 2 time to look/enjoy your amazing new AC and you see the result.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Andy, just so you know, we're talking about adding custom keyboard/control mapping in the first update - no promises yet, but it should be doable.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank God for that Ryan, fingers crossed you can do it, maybe I'll hold off on the refund then, I've not had a reply yet though other than the auto reply. Just to be clear I think most of my crashes were after reloading the plane after turning my engines to shiny pools of metal, I've not done it for a while yet, I'm running through the tute.

Cheers, Andy.

Thank God for that Ryan, fingers crossed you can do it, maybe I'll hold off on the refund then, I've not had a reply yet though other than the auto reply. Just to be clear I think most of my crashes were after reloading the plane after turning my engines to shiny pools of metal, I've not done it for a while yet, I'm running through the tute.
One of the ways I reset the flight during testing was to load from the free flight menu and then just use the reset flight option. Have you tried this?

Hi George, I use the failures reset trick now and that doesn't crash it so it shouldn't be a problem anymore for me, thanks anyway. Some of the other peoples crashes in here seem a lot more serious and may be fixed by the fsx.cfg deletion as mentioned earlier by Ryan.

Cheers, Andy.

I try a new fsx config.The J4100 is still not working the rudder and ailerons are full deflection even in the view before flight. post-101009-1251917955.jpgI try loading the MS 172 before even looking at the J4100.Tried loading the tutorial save and as it started to load fsx CTD.Error wasProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3.DLLFault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4aa0604cException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00050dc7OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3Locale ID: 2057Extra information about the problemLCID: 2057Bucket ID: 1447169416So where can we go from here?Look forward to your help in making this work.ThanksDavid Murden

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ive just done a un-install/ install reboot etc and just the same.

Mine CTD's FSX everytime I exit!! Otherwise runs like a charm. right seat gauges turned down and fps is in the 20's. Very pleased!! No I need to go read that tutorial :D FRED
Same here Fred but I'm not going to worry about it yet as my pc is awaiting a new O/S and then I'll have enough worries lolAgree with the rtfm too, but being me... if all else fails read the manual lolJohn Ellison

Yeah mine is acting up a bit, only managed one flight so far and destroyed about 20 engines.FSX will CTD whenever I try to exit, MD11 is flawless on my machine and I dont think I have ever had a CTD on FSX till now on my new HD. I also am pretty sure I have a bug of sorts when it comes to starting the engines. I know I may be wrong but I have read the OP guide, the Tutorial and seen and tried to copy the pinned video of start up but the engines never get past spooling up, no torque or much fuel flow.I also notice the engine shut down sound file being played after I exit a flight just before a CTD?Wierd? nice to fly though the one time I actually got it off the ramp.Any thoughts welcomeDan.

I didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it was mentioned already but if you are experiencing CTD's try loading a default plane first in the Free Flight window and THEN load the J41.Just a little tip.

I'm experiencing the CTD as well whenever I close down FSX. I've rebuilt the .cfg, tried it in DX10 and it still happens. Running Vista 64 with 8GB of RAM.Apart from that its an astounding piece of work gents!Greg

Greg B

Gents-We are tracking the CTD issues that have been reported. I want to mention a few items so that you can provide solid information that helps us to find a solution for the specific problem that affects YOU....First- please understand that after collecting numbers from here and from support@, we are seeing CTDs on only one half of one percent of users. (one user out of every two hundred...) That tells us that we're looking for something obscure- and it means the data is harder to collect- but we'll find it...Second- If you get a CTD- try your best to repeat EXACTLY the steps that led up to it- and see if it can be reproduced. If YES- then this will be the easiest circumstance for us to track and fix.For the few of you seeing CTDs on exit from FSX or reloading a flight, we are tracking a few datapoints that might help us to identify the problem. Right now we suspect it is in the FMS... but beyond that I don't want to say anything until we really have a clear idea where the problem is. In the mean time- as much data as you can provide us on reproduction steps is the best way to help us to help you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am happy to help in any way apart from re-installing fsx(to big a job)It seems very easy for me to make it happen it happens every time i want to leave fsx.I load the J41 to see if it crashers and it does not crash on a normal load to fly. I am not using the FMS or anything else, not even taken off yet. But when i come out of "flight" it goes back to the opening page of fsx with the J41 in the bottom window and the second i click the X to exit fsx it crashers.The tutorial save from yourselfs did load last night the first time in 4 try's (that normaly CTD at start of load)and the VC looks like it should, again i did not try anything as I was going out but when coming out of it=CTD.So for me to get a CTD is very easy so pls lets work together as i really do want this AC to work.ThxDavid

Spent some time doing tests.Here is the out come.I can load the J41 into a airport and it loads and everything is running and looks fine. When I exit back to fsx normal window it seems that the J41 has not turned its self of, because every-time I press "X" to exit fsx, fsx will crash the second i press exit "Do you want to exit FSX".I tired not exiting and loading a MS 172 it showed in the main view window but still crashed as above.Next try I loaded the J41 again, come out, loaded the MS 172 and tried entering a flight with the MS 172 and the second I pressed "fly now" it CTD.---------Your Tutorial flight.Unlike before I re-installed, it now does load but this is what happens. The second i press load I hear a load of "cockpit" noises.But after it does now load and the cockpit looks how i think it should.I exited and as above when coming out of FSX CTDSo I tried Loading the tutorial and came back out to the normal fsx window.I then tried loading back the same tutorial flight.The second I pressed load, I hear-ed a lot of noises for a second then a CTD.Not once after loading the J41 can i do a normal exit from fsx. The only good news for me is the tutorial now loads.Please note:The J41 still has fully deflected rudder and ailerons but once loaded in all seems OK with ailerons but rudder does not seem to move , just jerks a little from side to side.

David can you try updating your sound card drivers, I had some crashes recently in another game and updating my sound drivers fixed it, its worth a try especially if its a Creative card.By the way seeing the rudder and ailerons deflected like that before loading seems to be normal, I see it too and once the plane is loaded and engines running when I taxi everything is good with the rudder.

Cheers, Andy.