Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

Annoying Problem at Stansted EGSS

Guest nat2005

Hi,Here's the problem: No matter what the METAR report is, the clouds aren't being depicted over Stansted airport. It can be Overcast conditions, and it will be clear blue skies over and in the immediate surroundings of the airport, then, about a mile or so out, the clouds will be depicted. It is as if there is a shield surrounding the airport, not allowing any cloud into it, or over it.Im using FS9 with ASv6.5. Here are a couple of things ive tried so far:-Not using AS, just using FS9's weather engine. This works, clouds are depicted over the airport.-Im using FSUIPC 3.8.1, will Normal Defaults, and Weather settings Off-I've tried just using default Stansted scenery, instead of my UK2000 scenery, but its the same whichever i use.Hopefully someone can give me a helping hand,Thanks,Nat

Hi,I will look into this later on this evening.Thanks,

Guest nat2005
Hi,I will look into this later on this evening.Thanks,
Ok Thanks, will wait to hear from you.Nat

Hi,I tried and got good results. Here is a screen shot if it shows up. It did look like this in every direction and above the airport.

Guest nat2005

Hi,Something on my system must be causing the problem then. Here is what I get with a Broken cloud layer:As you can see, no cloud over the airport. It stops a couple of miles out. I've tried a different version of FSUIPC, and have reinstalled ASv6.5, neither have worked. Have you any ideas as to what could be causing it?Thanks,Nat

Guest nat2005

Hi,I understand this isn't really an ActiveSky issue any more, but does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?Thanks,Nat

Guest nat2005

Hi,No I don't have any soaring scenery installed. I've been trying to think back and work out when I first noticed the problem. Could it have something to do with the fact that I also have ASA installed? As I would say the problem first showed itself around the time I installed ASA. If I could I would try ASA and see if it draws coulds at EGSS, but unfortunately, my ASA installation seems corrupt. I get an unhandled exception every time I try and load ASA.Hope this helps,Nat

Hi,No, having ASA installed would not affect this at all. Give me the exact error message from ASA and I can troubleshoot that one as well.Thanks,

Guest nat2005

Hi,Here is the error I get:Thanks,Nat

Hi,See if your.NET2.0 from Microsoft is still installed correctly. That may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.Thanks,