Sign in to follow this  
markturner

New Radeon 4850X2 advice please

Hi Guys, after my 4th Nvidia top end card brought the farm in 4 years ( this one only 4 weeks old) I have decided to try Radeon products.I was able to get a 4850X2 at a very good price of

Guest UlfB
Or have I made a mistake and should I go back to Nvidia
Yes

Yes, I'm afraid you did a mistake. I had ATI for a long time and they are great products which runs all games well but FSX. I played many month with driver settings to get a smooth flight with cloudy weather, but nothing helps... Than I decide to buy an Nvidia crad and now I have fun with FSX.Perheaps ATI will one day make a good driver for FSX. If this should be the case, than ATI will be faster for FSX because of the faster Memory (Crisp ground texture because of faster texture loading).I personal wait for the new Nvidia GT300 and hopefully for the best FSX graphic card ever, so the drivers will. :(

FSX is no longer being developed or supported.Why would any graphics card maker waste their time updating drivers for it?

FSX is no longer being developed or supported.Why would any graphics card maker waste their time updating drivers for it?
Perhaps that also we simmers buy their new products? hope, hope, hope...The main problem will be DirectX 9 support.

The Radeon is gone, going on e bay. Just plonked a GTX295 in instead and boy what a difference !! Just got to remember to send off the warranty, if past experience is anything to go buy, it will turn its toes up within a year.....

Guest FxF3

I think the ATI cloud problem must be gone in the new drivers. I cut off my clouds and still get around the same FPS with my HD4870 even in heavy storms. I do not have anything like REX though just stock clouds. and UTX..