Sign in to follow this  
trisager

JS4100 Rudder problems

I cannot get the rudder axis to work in the JS4100. I've tried assigning through FSX as well as FSUIPC without any luck. From an outside view it looks as if the rudder twitches slightly when I move my pedals, but not enough to steer the plane.I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 RC (build 7100). The rudder does work in other aircraft, e.g. the default Cessna.Any assistance would be appreciated :(

That's a sure sign of a double assignment, disable FSX joystick controls if you are going to use FSUIPC to assign them. CTRL + K will toggle joystick control on and off in FSX itself.

Cheers, Andy.

That's a sure sign of a double assignment
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been over both the FSX and the FSUIPC settings with a toothcomb, and I'm positive that there are no double assignments. There is something else going on.

CTRL K will prove it without doubt though, if your FSUIPC assignments start working properly when FSX controls are disabled, then you know you missed one.

Cheers, Andy.

I have the same problem, pedals moving only slightly with some twitching. And I'm not using FSUIPC.

Same problem - no FSUIPC, pedals do not move when using rudder control on joystick and rudder only twitches ocassionallyNeil Riddell

Found out that rudder works fine when aircraft is moving. I only get the twitching when trying to move rudder on stationary aircraft.

Also, check to make sure you don't have the yaw damper on.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Also, check to make sure you don't have the yaw damper on.
This was going to be my suggestion also..

The problem on my system turned out to be the gust lock. Rudder cannot be moved when it is on.Tom