Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Flight Ontario Question

I didn't feel like becoming a member of the FO forums so I was hoping that someone here might know the answer to an easy question. Flight Ontario has a landclass named "Ontario LandClass Ver 3". They also distribute a land and water class with most of their airports and with the Toronto area scenery.So here's my question. If I've got the "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" installed, do I need to install any of the landclass files for the Toronto area scenery? The "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" readme says that I can remove the other landclass folders but in little yellow type on their download page it says "This version updates Gatineau Quebec and Ottawa for our Rockcliffe scenery, as well as Collingwood above."So me being me, I get confused and think well does it supercede everything else or not? Those tiny little notes always stump me. I think that they should have said if you use this landclass you don't need any of our others. But they didn't or at least its not clear enough for the feeble minded, obviously :)Any help would be greatly appreciated and by the way, their scenery is awesome!Mark

Mark,Can't speak for your specific problem, but in the past when confronted with these issues I will rely on release dates as a guide. Maybe that will help you.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe...I've never been able to speak too much of my specific problem either...it simply hurts too much to think of and there are so many of them to boot. With regards to the Flight Ontario stuff, I was hoping someone would chime in who's already done the research. Then they could simply say something like...The "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" download replaces all other Flight Ontario landclasses to date. Ah, but wouldn't that just be too easy?I have read the instructions within each of the readme files and came to an impasse when reading their download page notes. You see, the download page notes for the "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" lends to the idea that only specific areas are "also" updated by the "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" while the "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" readme says that their other landclass folders can be omitted.So the web page download notes for the "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" say one thing. The actual "Ontario LandClass Ver 3" download readme file tells me something different. I think it's at least enough of a difference to raise the question of who's on first...Mark

Hi Mark,Version 3 Landclass replaces the following from previous Flight Ontario sceneries:LOD5_Toronto_DefaultLOD5_Toronto_FarmlandOntarioClassOntarioClass2SoolandclassNorthern Ontario LCIf you have any of these active in your scenery library before you install Landclass 3, de-active them, and you'll be fine.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Thanks Charlie! Now that's what I was hoping read...a definitive response. I was just trying to avoid some duplication issues that I've run into before and was being lazy! But that's what user groups are for, right? Standing on the shoulders of giants. Thanks again.Mark