Sign in to follow this  
Guest ACA861

J41, first flight

Guest ACA861

I've spent the last six or seven hours flying this magnificent aircraft. I must say, you have outdone yourselves PMDG. I won't go into specifics, but I believe this is your best FSX aircraft to date.Even after reading the tutorial, however, I still managed to toast a few engines; to much consolation though, it appears many others on this forum have as well!Anyway, after reading the tutorial and writing-off three aircraft trying to get the engines started, I finally managed to get this bird in the air. My first flight, as I do with most aircraft, was from Vancouver International to Victoria International. I recorded it with FS Recorder and later created a short music video, you can view it here (HD):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9Lsh671tMMy sincere thank you to the PMDG team. This aircraft is a joy to fly.Off to incinerate some more engines,-Andrew Noble

Great video, you captured a lot in those 2 minutes. Looks like an awsome bird.

Guest _Sheva_

Beautiful, what are your PC specs?

Guest ACA861
Beautiful, what are your PC specs?
I am running a system I built over a year ago for FSX, so it's not super up-to-date.Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.2GHz4GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12Nvidia 8800GT 512MBWith REX 2.0, in the virtual cockpit, and over a city like Vancouver downtown, I get 20-30 frames per second (unlocked). I cannot run any autogen or AI traffic with a complex aircraft like this one, my computer cannot handle it. Still, I think it shows that this aircraft is fairly framerate-friendly given its complexity!Thanks for the compliments.-Andrew Noble

Andrew,Wow awesome video! This should be a commercial for the J41 :) Its fitting that the scenery is Vancouver and Victoria and the J41 in the skies above and I live in Vancouver, it is almost real enough that there's a J41 flying in the skies above. Do you by any chance live in Vancouver? Enjoy the J41, I know I enjoyed her tremendously while developing the external model. I feel like I know her like an old friend...Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

GREAT video!!!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest ACA861
Andrew,Wow awesome video! This should be a commercial for the J41 :) Its fitting that the scenery is Vancouver and Victoria and the J41 in the skies above and I live in Vancouver, it is almost real enough that there's a J41 flying in the skies above. Do you by any chance live in Vancouver? Enjoy the J41, I know I enjoyed her tremendously while developing the external model. I feel like I know her like an old friend...Cheers,
Thank you kindly, Jason. I live in Vancouver, yes. White Rock to be exact. You did and the whole team did a fantastic job, I'm up and flying this aircraft again after just a few hours of sleep! It's such a pleasure to fly!Regards,-Andrew NobleOh, @ Sheva. Not all Core 2 Quads can be overclocked to 3.2GHz, although some can go much higher. There's a lot of information to know, so I recommend doing a Google search on how to overclock a Core 2 Quad. My motherboard, a DFI LanParty DK P35-T2RS is considered one of the best Core 2 Quad overclockers, that's why I bought it, and I think that's why it has been easy for me to get a stable 3.2GHz.

Very good video, great work. :(

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Great video! Greetings from port coquitlam, 20 mins from Vancouver

Guest ACA861
Great video! Greetings from port coquitlam, 20 mins from Vancouver
Thanks everyone for the comments. PoCo! I love flying from Pitt Meadows airport and flying over PoCo, down to Horseshoe Bay, and then back. One of the best parts of Vancouver to fly in the sim. Flying over where I live in White Rock is just plain boring: it's flat and without scenery :(

Looks like there's a couple of us here in Vancouver, that is cool!Pitt Meadows is my favorite airport to fly in and out of, both in FS and real world. Boundary Bay is also a nice airport and the 2nd busiest airport in BC in terms of traffic movements. The other airport that I also enjoy is Langley Airport. The runway is only 2,500 foot long and landing there is almost like landing on an aircraft carrier. Oh and I almost forgot, Barkerville. The strip is an unlisted airstrip but coming and going at Barkerville, it is like landing at Innsbruck, you have to fly in between the mountains, turn hard to land on runway 11. You cannot land on runway 29 as there is a mine at the end of the runway. Great times there...My grandfather had an airplane based at Langley Airport and we would fly over to Tofino, Oliver, Lillooet, up to Barkerville, Quesnel we'd stop at 100 mile house for breakfast on the way up to Barkerville. Sadly he is no longer with us as he died in a plane crash on March 2, 2000. Hopefully there's more of us in Vancouver :)Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Hi Andrew - Yes great video indeed, it convinced me to purchase the JS41. I see that you have Don Grovestiens' CYYJ scenery... I had it installed on my other computer and I am thinking of installing it again. I live in Coquitlam and I am pleased that we have developers that have designed scenery for Vancouver (Vancouver+), CYVR (Nigel Grant) and of course CYYJ 2009. Jason, good to see someone from our neck of the woods getting involved in the development.I cannot believe how smoothly the JS41 flies and the detail is incredible... my hats off to the PMDG team. Can't wait to try the tutorial.Thanks PMDG!

\Robert Hamlich/