Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

J41 payload problems

I would prefer to fly the J41 with only pilot and copilot on board. However, I am having great difficulty getting rid of the passengers! The first time I removed them, FSX crashed when I attempted to load the flight. After that, it seemed to load ok, but I switched to the external view, and I could see passengers in the cabin! When I exited and checked the Payload section, the Fore and Aft cabins had been reset to 794kg (even though I had removed the passengers before the flight).Can anyone advise me how to solve this?In addition, if I load a flight with the J41, return to the menu, and then try to load the flight again.....FSX crashes.My PC specification is listed below:-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPUAsus P5K-SE motherboard4GB PC2-8500 RAM500GB SATA-II hard disk512MB GeForce 9800GTSoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme MusicWindows Vista64 Home Premium

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have tried resetting it using the pull down menu, and the numbers seem to be correct. However, the passengers are still visible in the cabin. Is there a specific way to remove them?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I tried changing the settings in the Configuration Manager, but they aren't being saved!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Passengers are added/deleted using the payload worksheet on the clipboard under pilots left window.How do you know the config manager is not saving settings? If you select beige panel does it change in the simulation?

Dan Downs KCRP

I selected the LOW model version in the Configuration Manager. This apparently removes icing effects and passengers. However, when I checked, the passengers were still there! When I returned to the Configuration Manager, the FULL version box was ticked. I also ticked the Beige panel option, but that didn't work either. Every time that I change something in the Configuration Manager (and click on Save Configuration; a window appears confirming that the changes have been made successfully), it returns to the default option as soon as I exit.Thanks for the info about the passengers. I will check that out, and let you know.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I notice that you are using Vista. Be sure to install and use the product with admin rights assigned; otherwise, it cannot modify its own cfg and ini files (microsoft nanny software).

Dan Downs KCRP

Removing the passengers via the payload worksheet has removed them from the visual model.As for administrator rights, they were already activated. However, clicking on that option again resulted in the Configuration Manager working properly! I guess we will never understand the strange twilight zone in which Windows Vista operates :( Thanks for the help.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png