Sign in to follow this  
citationjet

J41 Black Screens (EADI,EHSI,FMS) in Cockpit

Yeah, Kurt. You are a lot better than I am at spotting such things. :( Oops, spoke too soon.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Noskaa
Yeah, Kurt. You are a lot better than I am at spotting such things. :( Oops, spoke too soon.
So what

Too bad the original poster didn't share the solution for others. I have no idea what could cause this based on the information provided.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Jimmatc
Well I think I have...the switch for the GPU ist ON and the indicator above shows "GPU ON"Also I can here the GPU making much noise!
Ok, I just want to double check that, because in your 2nd screenshot your ground power switch is off, backed up by the fact that the Volt/Ammeter is showing 0 and 0 for ground power. If your engines and generators aren't running at this point the battery won't be enough to supply the avionics bus.So, if you can see and hear it making noise, the GPU must be connected. Make sure the switch is either up or down ("BATT ASSIST/GND PWR ON" or "GND PWR ON", and make sure the Volt/Ammeter selected to "EMERG/GND VOLTS" shows voltage on the right hand set of numbers.

Guest Noskaa
Ok, I just want to double check that, because in your 2nd screenshot your ground power switch is off, backed up by the fact that the Volt/Ammeter is showing 0 and 0 for ground power. If your engines and generators aren't running at this point the battery won't be enough to supply the avionics bus.So, if you can see and hear it making noise, the GPU must be connected. Make sure the switch is either up or down ("BATT ASSIST/GND PWR ON" or "GND PWR ON", and make sure the Volt/Ammeter selected to "EMERG/GND VOLTS" shows voltage on the right hand set of numbers.
Checked it again...the GPU is on (GND PWR ON) and the Volt/Ammeter shows 28V and 670A on EMERG/GND VOLTS on the right side.Uff...why the hell doesn

You must turn the two knobs above altimeter and art. horizon on. By default the brightness of EHADI is set to off. Hope it helps

Wojciech Hazuka

Guest Noskaa
You must turn the two knobs above altimeter and art. horizon on. By default the brightness of EHADI is set to off. Hope it helps
As written before they should be dimed to max ... but thanks. I

Just the thought: on the first picture it's off. There are two level knobs. I'm not sure if You know this, it was my problem back the other day. Anyway good luck!!!

Wojciech Hazuka

Guest Jimmatc

In case it's an issue with the plane loading/initialising, try this:Close and start FSXLoad a flight with the trikeLoad the JS41 tutorial flightLoad the JS41 tutorial flight againNow try. Someone recently reported a misbehaving engine start until they did the above.

Guest Noskaa
In case it's an issue with the plane loading/initialising, try this:Close and start FSXLoad a flight with the trikeLoad the JS41 tutorial flightLoad the JS41 tutorial flight againNow try. Someone recently reported a misbehaving engine start until they did the above.
Thanks, but I allready tried it. And it didn

Guest Noskaa

Does really anybody have a solution idea beside the ones above?:( :( :( B) B)

Guest Knightvision

Do you have your Microsoft visuals C++ library up to date?

Does really anybody have a solution idea beside the ones above?:( :( :( B) B)
I recommend contacting PMDG support for further assistance. Still sounds like an activation issue.

Guest Noskaa
I recommend contacting PMDG support for further assistance. Still sounds like an activation issue.
I have, thanks... but I didn