Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marvel

continuous rumbling sound in the background

Guest Marvel

Hello I'm having problem with FS always producing aircraft rumbling sound althought the aircraft doesn't move. The problem occurs while I use the following aircraft DF Archer, Realair's SF260, Realair's C172. Is it something to do with FSsound.dll?

Guest Marvel

*bump*anyone experiance this and know the solution? The aircraft sitting still but you can hear rumbling sound, the sound which plays when FS aircraft moves on ground. It happen with only some of my aircrafts like Realair's SF260, Dreamfleet Archer, Realair's C172 as I remember.

On a flight last night I got a rumbling sound too (it was very annoying) it happened when I lowered the landing gear to land. Luckly the rumbling stopped after I was on the ground.

Sometimes happens to me. Just hit Q to turn all sound off, then hit Q again and it should be gone.

This has happened to me when lowering or raising flaps. The flaps sound just keeps on being heard until you click the flap button again.Capt.Mac

I had this problem too. Very annoying. I narrowed it down to a specific gauge that was in the panel I was using: fpda_gear_wind.gau. Once removed, I didn't have the problem anymore.Hope this helps.

Guest ucanfly

I found a weird rumbling sound that was caused when the ACtive Camera "Stall" Sound was enabled. I just disabled it,but don't know if there was a fix for it.

i also had the rumble of the flaps problem, just hit q twice and its gone.

Guest product

In some cases- at least what I hear as a minor rumbling- it seems to be the wind WAV file that plays continuously. Lowering the volume on the low end, or the speed over which the sound invcreases, can be done in the sound.cfg and this helps.Best,Joel

You are right - some aircraft, including ours do display a faint rumbling sound if you turn up the volume on environmental sounds. This is due to limitations in FS2002's implimentation of the take off rumble wav files. Essentially, to get a realistic rumble sound it needs to be turned up quite high in the Sound cfg file, but doing so incorrectly leaves an faint ambient and residual rumble sound even when you set this to zero volume for zero knots airspeed.We hope this improves in FS2004. In the meantime you can either edit the sound cfg file, which is easy enough using notepad, or you can reduce your environment sound balance within Fs2002.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations