Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747-fan

Procedure for starting up dark and cold

To change airports go to the World Select Airport menu item in FSX.I think your complaint is you cannot setup the panel with a panel state file. That is true, the JS41 doesn't use this method and we have to work with the limitations of FSX in more areas than other PMDG products. However, I don't really see an issue with wanting the aircraft to be in a specifc state, which is possible.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes but l feel stupid shutting everthing down just to start them up again.... alot of us like the idea of going to any airport clicking on cold and dark and then start from scratch.anyway what can we do... By the By great aircraft just have to work out my jerky sim heheheheThxPaul

Man, I am really sorry. I don't understand why that can't be done.Once the state is saved, you can use it anywhere you want. Load it (on top of a defalt flight) then go to any airport, date, time, etc. You could also save the same state at as many locations as desired, which I've done to start in specific livery at an airline's gate because I don't remember things like airline/gate combos.

Dan Downs KCRP

l`ve done it bud... loaded the default flight for the jetstream cold and dark.. adjust a few switches and it worked... the only problem l found was the levers.. l wanted them in the cut off but it kept loading into the taxi mode anyway carnt have it all.. Thanks budRegardsPaul

I think the only time the condition levers go into cutoff is when you need to shut down in flight. Normal shutdown/startup those are in taxi.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest 747-fan

Whoa now I'm a bit confused here. you're saying that "Once the state is saved, you can use it anywhere you want"What exactly does that mean? I thought you couldn't make a saved flight load up anywhere you want, when you select a saved flight you're taken to the airfield and time/date from where it was saved.Can you please show what you mean step by step? If your solution still involves first loading up a saved flight somewhere and then move to a different location and time/date via the FS menu, then it's not excactly a more efficiant solution.

Tore,You can enter a saved situation and once it's settled (the embedded panel save feature takes about four or five seconds to set the panel correctly) then move the J41 to any airport you want.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest 747-fan

So in other words something like this:1: Load up saved J41 flight (tutorial flight for those who haven't saved any yet)and let it finish loading2: move aircraft to airfield of choice3: adjust time and date at willThat's 3 loadings. FSX takes around 2 mins to finish loading here. Oh well, it only take 4 mins more than the 2 seconds it takes to press "load panel state" in both the other PMDG FSX planes. Too bad it couldn't be implemented here. Any chance of such a function in a future update?

I would be upset too if it took 2 min to load. Sorry.I don't expect panel states method in a simulation at this price and time to delivery bracket.

Dan Downs KCRP

I would be upset too if it took 2 min to load. Sorry.I don't expect panel states method in a simulation at this price and time to delivery bracket.
Well im glad the plane didnt cost me $79.99 because if there wasnt a dropdown menu that had Cold and Dark selection in it, id be pretty upset.But since the price of this bird was only $44.99 does this mean that because of the large price difference this release and prior FSX releases there shouldnt be a Cold and Dark selection in the drop down menu?I dont knowRegardsMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Look in PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS for file KHPNKIAD_J41.RTE.If not there then search for file, installer should have put it in default or browsed to location.
Thanks Kurt and Dan...I have the German version of FSX Gold on an English XP system... the flt file was not in the correct location...I now see it in the list...Thanks...

Had the same issus with an English Vista and French FSX... ;) Problem was solved easily...