Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

FPS report please

I think what Vangelis is trying to say is that if flying in the VC and you are monitoring the instruments or looking forward toward the runway, for example, a lower resolution will make flying smoother whereas reducing the resolution of the external model won't make much difference. Correct me if I'm wrong, Vangelis.
I have to disagree with Vangelis here (see my post above). But really, the only thing that this shows is that every computer reacts differently to different tweaks, so please experiment with the configuration manager to see what works best for you and your PC!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

FPS are fine for me, 25 fps on average in the VC, 40 fps in the exterior. The key thing is it doesn't induce all sorts of stutters like the Flight1 Mustang does for me.

I have to disagree with Vangelis here (see my post above). But really, the only thing that this shows is that every computer reacts differently to different tweaks, so please experiment with the configuration manager to see what works best for you and your PC!
Turning off the FO displays seems to help somewhat at 1920X1200. I also turned down AAxAF to 8@8. I will try flying some more with those settings and report back.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Scott, Are you sure the FPS has dropped compared to the 747X on your machine?? On mine, the difference between the 747 and J41 is seriously like day and night as far as FPS is concerned. But I guess as they say every computer configuration is unique. But considering that you are on the i7 you should have no problems. I mean I am on the Q6600 STOCK! Along playing with the Config Manager, make sure your computer is overall well maintained. Regards,

Note I don't ever use traffic in FSX... the main killer of FPS.
Isn't that the truth!NOTHING can nail my performance faster than too much AI. In fact, AI seems to be pretty much the only thing my system struggles with (at high AI settings). Turning AI down (or off) completely transforms the gameplay experience performance wise for me.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Scott, Are you sure the FPS has dropped compared to the 747X on your machine?? On mine, the difference between the 747 and J41 is seriously like day and night as far as FPS is concerned. But I guess as they say every computer configuration is unique. But considering that you are on the i7 you should have no problems. I mean I am on the Q6600 STOCK! Along playing with the Config Manager, make sure your computer is overall well maintained. Regards,
After playing around with the config manager a bit, I managed to even out performance . My framerates are not as stable as with other PMDG aircraft but I am getting acceptable performance in the mid 20's now. I have a pretty well maintained machine but I am pushing my I7 pretty hard by running REX, UTII and GEX at very high resolutions with 8x AA and AF via nhancer. All AI traffic in FSX is turned off including cars, boats etc etc as I run UTII and performance on the other PMDG products is pretty good.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png