Sign in to follow this  
mfueeg

I cant start any engine?

How would you know they are unfeathered out of curiosity, is there a voice that says something, a popup perhaps ?Thanks for the advice by the way.
Erm... by looking at them ? The blades on a featherd prop are almost parallel to the "flow", or the longtitudinal axis of the airplane.Alternatively, for simming purposes, check the tooltip over each condition lever... If it says (feathered) then....welll... it is feathered !Best,Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Erm... by looking at them ? The blades on a featherd prop are almost parallel to the "flow", or the longtitudinal axis of the airplane.Alternatively, for simming purposes, check the tooltip over each condition lever... If it says (feathered) then....welll... it is feathered !Best,Vangelis
Thanks for that Vangelis, wasn't sure how to do it,

Hi,Read my post above. The problem is that the propellers are not in the start position.Best regards,Robin.
You're great, thanks very much ! I forgot the unfeather procedure. :( I'm now ready to fly this new bird and continue to read the excellent documentation.The JS41 is really awsome.Good flights all !Romain.

I have now managed to successfully do this, many thanks to all who helped, tis' much appreciated !

As specified in the tutorial, PMDG was sure that someone will ask about this :( Just read carefully the tutorial and all will be okay :( I've just loaded the tutorial situation this morning for a quick flight, I've just read the tutorial carefully without reading the AOM and I was able to start the engine and fly without any problem.For the startup, if you use a CH Product throttle quadrant set to power throttle with reverse (mine is set with FSUIPC), when you pull back the throttle it does not fully engage the propeller to the feather mode (I don't remember the exact term). So you need to use the mouse click on the power levers to bring them back, to "unlock" the start until the little voice talks to you.St

vpa055.png