Tom Allensworth

Upgrading of Forum Software

Should we upgrade the forum software?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Upgrade or not?

• Yes
    • No, leave it the way it is
    • I don't care

See the announcement made in the news section today. What is your opinion? Should we or should we leave well enough alone?

Guest RonB49
See the announcement made in the news section today. What is your opinion? Should we or should we leave well enough alone?
If the upgrade will eliminate the frequent need for a moderator to "resync" the forums, then I'm all for it. R-

I don't see any announcement in the news section? Personally I like the forum now, it's fast, easy to find posts plus all the other bells and whistles like a photo gallery option. If it's possible to improve on that I guess it would be ok. It's hard to answer the poll without seeing the proposed new features.Edit: I found the post, I was looking at the main Avsim News Page not the forum news section, my bad! Looking at the Aerosoft forum I think ours is better, so I vote stay as it is, unless it eliminates the forum refresh problem, which happens much less often with the current forum then previous ones.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It's not a show stopper, but I find it irritating that the Aerosoft forums, like many others which have changed software recently, do not have an option to 'mark read and return to board index'. Instead it just marks the current forum read and you have to follow the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to work back up the forum hierarchy. It just slows down the browsing experience, and keeps me away from the simulator that little bit longer.Ian

Ian Box