Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

PMDG JS-41

Guest 413X3

How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry

Guest Mesa
How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry
If you can't afford it or don't intend to buy it then it's probably best not to read any reviews or ask if it's any good - what's the point?

In fact it makes me kind of angry
Why ?? Just don't buy it then. It is nothing to get worked up about.......Looks amazing, if I flew turboprops then I would be looking at getting it ... I don't so I won't. Then again I may consider it if I get bored of what I am flying at the moment.Wish that PMDG would try their hand with a nice BizJet.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Guest 413X3

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying. How about update their express 1900c/d line and make it a quality addon for fsx?

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying. How about update their express 1900c/d line and make it a quality addon for fsx?
PMDG's founder Captain Randazzo used to fly the aircraft, so I suppose that's a big reason why it was chosen. And why not - maybe it's dear to his heart!Personally I won't be getting it because I'm not too bothered about turboprops and besides, I'm waiting for the Airsimmer Airbus to materialise. Any year now.... :( Ian

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done
Then open your own software shop and deliver us (quality) airplanes you think are important ... in my opinion the notion of popular and un-popular airplane is ridiculous when it comes to simulation.

Guest Tingoose
Personnlly I applaud PMDG for doing such aircraft. They've delivered on the popular airliners like the 737, 747 and MD11 and yet they still find time to serve up something which may not have mass appeal but caters to those of us who's like to fly something a bit different. Isn't it better all round if simmers have a wide range of aircraft to choose from instead only modern glass gauge turbofans?

I will surely buy it after my system upgrade next month. I'm sure it will sell well, it's a handsome aircraft and must be fun to fly the short commuter routes with. I don't see the point of complaining about a release that is not Boeing or Airbus like a spoiled child. I find it interesting to fly something comletely different.

Guest ightenhill
I will surely buy it after my system upgrade next month. I'm sure it will sell well, it's a handsome aircraft and must be fun to fly the short commuter routes with. I don't see the point of complaining about a release that is not Boeing or Airbus like a spoiled child. I find it interesting to fly something comletely different.
Its a great aircraft, can get in and out of many wonderful fields in a fictional or fact environment, and has the realism to back up that to make immmersion almost 100%.. Buy it learn it and enjoy it..

Its a great aircraft, can get in and out of many wonderful fields in a fictional or fact environment,
This is another advantage of having smaller aircraft, without feeling guilty you can operate it from smaller airfields, no rubbing shoulders with 747s at mega airports and hence performance in FSX is usually much better. You take a well simulated turboprop to some of the best smaller airports in FSX (Madeira, all FTX Australian airports, etc.) and the immersion factor is unbelievable. :(

I don't know why it would make you angry lol but I can see how you would not want to spend the cash on something you won't be flying.I could go for a good Learjet or King Air (I think F1 is working on both lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest j0nx
I'm waiting for the Airsimmer Airbus to materialise. Any year now.... :( Ian
You will be playing Duke Nukem Forever before airsimmer ever releases that bird. That thing is a myth. Vaporjet.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I for one, although most of my real experience is in big stuff, am a turboprop junkie! And the J41 is soooooooo cool!I guess being on the beta team puts me a bit biased, (LOL), however, beta or not, if it wasn't just absolutely wunderbar, I would be saying so. Keep in mind I am a 2D panel guy, and this aircraft does NOT have a 2D panel............who cares, I got use to it in a hurry and can only say it's the best Turboprop for FS I have ever flown, and wish the hell it worked in FS9 too....(can't have everything, I guess).Yes, and Robert did fly these in real life, so talk about someone who really knew his stuff . . . its so nice to deal with someone who has had their hands on the yoke and experienced the quirks that an aircraft has. Not to mention the development team and beta team with the wealth of information, intelligence, and great attitude brought forth during the project. Oh and Don, a man after my heart.......how precise can you get on explaining a problem without making everyone else sound foolish.......you could be my #2 ANYDAY!!!!! PMDG has a real winner here -- but then again, most of us on the team knew that the first time we fired her up and took her for a spin. And she's a real pilots aircraft . . . careful you don't use the condition levers properly . . . don't want to burn those babies to the ground.......owners sort of frown on that happening.If you miss this one, you have lost out...............Unbelievable how super cool this aircraft is . . . although, I guess, saying it's a PMDG should say it all. <G>.Best to all, ClayClayton T. DopkeSundance Quarter HorsesMajor, USAF (retired)Toomsuba, MS USA

After one successful flight (in four attempts), here is my mini review.Framerates - not a problem if FSX is working for you already. I did not notice any reduction in smoothness, etc. and my computer is an older C2D.Startup - very tricky and will take some getting used to. I burned the engines the first 3 times and I was following the tutorial line by line!Flying - Very nice to fly, you are kept quite busy managing the engines up to cruise and back down again. Speed control requires pilot attention. Hand flying is wonderful.Bottom line is this is an aircraft that requires more of your attention than the typical FMC jets like the LDS767, but it is fun to fly. I think this is a great addon for anyone who is happy with FSX. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think it's a smart move my PMDG, filling a noticeable gap in the market. A lot of people (most even) still can't sim in heavy jets into large cities due to bad performance. This aircraft might at least get poeple flying busier routes.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU