Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

PMDG JS-41

Guest 413X3

so then why not remake the B1900C/D? One of the most versatile and still popular airplanes? I get it, the owner of PMDG used to fly JS-41s, but how about rewarding his loyal customers who are anxiously waiting for updates for their great aircrafts of the past, like the express line beechcraft.

about rewarding his loyal customers who are anxiously waiting for updates for their great aircrafts of the past, like the express line beechcraft.
Lets just say that YOU have been anxiously waiting, not everyone waits for the same thing...

How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry
Makes you angry??? Old an not popular?? Maybe with you. If it does not appeal to you, then do not buy it and keep your $45. It's your loss. Forty-five dollars is a steal for this beautiful aircraft.Simulations of this caliber is why I purchase PMDG products and PMDG will continue to receive my business irregardless of what aircraft they develop next. I'm already awaiting their next release.

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying. How about update their express 1900c/d line and make it a quality addon for fsx?
The term "need" is non-sensical when it comes to a videogame.I can't speak for everybody, but I for one am glad there is a developer out there that will tackle aircraft like the J41. It is add-ons like the J41 that keep me, personally, coming back to FS. I'm a huge turboprop fan is this is a welcome addition to FSX for me. Do I need it? Nope, but I sure do appreciate it.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thanks PMDG, the Jetstream looks like a great addon at a good price. My only problem is that there have been almost too many sweet aaircraft released lately. Before I really get a chance to get familiar with one, another one comes along. For example, I'm still trying to get the time to sort out my...A2A B377DukeCS 727CatalinaL-39 ConstellationActually, now that I think about it, that's not a bad spot to be in...

Guest abulaafia
This is another advantage of having smaller aircraft, without feeling guilty you can operate it from smaller airfields, no rubbing shoulders with 747s at mega airports and hence performance in FSX is usually much better. You take a well simulated turboprop to some of the best smaller airports in FSX (Madeira, all FTX Australian airports, etc.) and the immersion factor is unbelievable. :(
Hear hear. The JS41 is an ideal combination: company ops simulation + discovery of so many airports normally ignored. I have come to love the mid-size fields over the past year. Too many simmers limit themselves to the big airports they know from flights they took as passengers. Well, I'd love to stay and chat by I have an EGNX-EINN to do.

How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry
I'm old and unpopular..............I'd would fly that cool looking "Old" bird anytime! :(

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

I will surely buy it after my system upgrade next month. I'm sure it will sell well, it's a handsome aircraft and must be fun to fly the short commuter routes with. I don't see the point of complaining about a release that is not Boeing or Airbus like a spoiled child. I find it interesting to fly something comletely different.
...and the people said. AAAAMEN! I find that even the default Beechraft King 350 is interesting, turboprops, and planes with props are different than most other aircraft and are a blast to hand fly and even put on autopilot :(, and btw this airplane is a turbine driven prop. So its almost like taking the turbine of a turbofan engine and attaching the shaft to a propeller :(

The term "need" is non-sensical when it comes to a videogame.I can't speak for everybody, but I for one am glad there is a developer out there that will tackle aircraft like the J41. It is add-ons like the J41 that keep me, personally, coming back to FS. I'm a huge turboprop fan is this is a welcome addition to FSX for me. Do I need it? Nope, but I sure do appreciate it.
Spot on!I've got a similar attitude. Been struggling to learn the Flight1 Fokker 70/100. It's perhaps not the first thing you'd think of, but it's a great little aircraft, and fills a similar niche to the J41. It keeps me busy learning to fly it properly (that MCP is VERY quirky), and I like hand-flying it on approach into little regional airports.And it doesn't even have a VC! :( I wouldn't mind trying the J41, but a lack of time (and..er..memory cells) means I have to draw the line somewhere... :( Ian

The J41 is the biggest challenge I've had in FSX in a long time, it's great, and is renewing my interest in flight sim again - I used to be big jet only, but it gets so boring pressing vnav and lnav and sitting looking at a screen for 8 hours. This is a plane you really do have to manage and it rewards you for it.If the price tag makes you "angry", try going to the PMDG site and downloading the manuals - have a flick through, see what you are missing out on, imo there's at least $45 worth of work in the manuals alone.

I have bought most aircraft for FSX that appeal to many, including all of the PMDG models, Level D, Captain Sim, etc. etc. All of them have plus and minus factors, even if it's just that they were developed before much of the discoveries of what is possible in FSX.I bought the JS-41 last night, and can not leave it and FSX alone. This is the most awesome model I have seen yet- the sounds and VC are something quite unbelievable. Like someone here said, if all you want to do is fire up a jet and program the FMC/S then look at screens, this is not for you. This bird needs lots of attention just to manage the engines alone, let alone trying to slow it down when descending! I fly C172's in RL, nothing like a jet or even this bird, but always look for those aspects of a model that somehow add a sense of realism and "being actually there"- I'm not sure what aspects of modelling bring these factors into play, but wharever they are, this bird takes first prize. But, then again, I'm not so surprized, having seen before what these guys deliver. No criticism intended of those developers who are not actually pilots and fly the models they design in RL, but you can tell that this one has been developed by someone who knows it very well. Great job, PMDG.To the OP, the beauty of FSX over RL is that you can fly anything anywhere, so you choose what you would like to have in FSX.Thanks, Bruce.

I have bought most aircraft for FSX that appeal to many, including all of the PMDG models, Level D, Captain Sim, etc. etc. All of them have plus and minus factors, even if it's just that they were developed before much of the discoveries of what is possible in FSX.I bought the JS-41 last night, and can not leave it and FSX alone. This is the most awesome model I have seen yet- the sounds and VC are something quite unbelievable. Like someone here said, if all you want to do is fire up a jet and program the FMC/S then look at screens, this is not for you. This bird needs lots of attention just to manage the engines alone, let alone trying to slow it down when descending! I fly C172's in RL, nothing like a jet or even this bird, but always look for those aspects of a model that somehow add a sense of realism and "being actually there"- I'm not sure what aspects of modelling bring these factors into play, but wharever they are, this bird takes first prize. But, then again, I'm not so surprized, having seen before what these guys deliver. No criticism intended of those developers who are not actually pilots and fly the models they design in RL, but you can tell that this one has been developed by someone who knows it very well. Great job, PMDG.To the OP, the beauty of FSX over RL is that you can fly anything anywhere, so you choose what you would like to have in FSX.Thanks, Bruce.
I have to echo what Bruce wrote. This is a really spectacular airplane. I have always flown heavies but I have been considering a turboprop for a while. This is perfect to start flying some short hops that I have always wanted to try. It really is a matter of opinion when it comes to airplanes. I passed on the MD11 simply because it does not appeal to me. I am sure that it is an amazing aircraft. I am too busy flying the B747. I needed this airplane to fill a gap in my hangar and it does that beautifully. I loaded the airplane up and I burnt up the engines 3 times before getting it off the ground. :( I have yet to complete an entire flight. This bird is awesome! :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest ightenhill

been reading the manual all day..you've convinced me.. off to buy

Guest ightenhill

well i started the engines first time (just)... What a lovely experience this plane is... I sense a busy evening of learning

I personally believe this is a very good aircraft, worth to learn, to fly, just like the ATR72.Busy learning the system...Regards