Sign in to follow this  
realpilotsimpilot

Ramp Manager

Ok, when I hit the shift-2 to get the ramp manager, a window sort of opens but is hidden. I can't seem to bring it up to the top. Its listed as open (with the check mark) but its not there, even when I close all the other views. The FMS and the GPS both work fine. Any thoughts?I'm running a core i7 920 with a GTX 260, 6Gb memory and two monitors off the 260. Thanks, Doug

How many views do you have open? Oh, I notice the dual monitor rig... sorry. Someone with that experience will have to jump in.

Dan Downs KCRP

How many views do you have open? Oh, I notice the dual monitor rig... sorry. Someone with that experience will have to jump in.
Dan,Literally, I start the sim and hit Shift 2. That's it. It should pop up right on top like the others, no? The multi-monitor shouldn't matter, but I thought I would mention it.

Yeah, Shift+2 is all I do too; what about the others like Shift+1 GPS or Shift+3 FMS?? Are these viewable?Are you full screen or windowed?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, Shift+2 is all I do too; what about the others like Shift+1 GPS or Shift+3 FMS?? Are these viewable?Are you full screen or windowed?
Yup, Shift 1 and 3 work fine. Start out full screen and then it windows when I start playing around with it. Could it be corrupt? Maybe a reinstall?

Yup, Shift 1 and 3 work fine. Start out full screen and then it windows when I start playing around with it. Could it be corrupt? Maybe a reinstall?
Hmmm. The plot thickens. The FMS window doesn't let me push any buttons. I can only do it in the VC. Thoughts? Are these related? Should I delete and reinstall? Anyone. I've never had a problem like this before with a PMDG craft.

Have you got SP2 or Acceleration installed for FSX? its a requirement I think.

Cheers, Andy.

Same problem,briefly opens in black screen then it's gone!Shift 1 works,shift 3 works but unable to click on anything in the FMS....Keith.

Hmmm. The plot thickens. The FMS window doesn't let me push any buttons. I can only do it in the VC. Thoughts? Are these related? Should I delete and reinstall? Anyone. I've never had a problem like this before with a PMDG craft.
Sorry imprtant to clarify this : when you open the FMS popup you cannot see any key pressed on the screen ? does not respond to keyboard at all ?VangelisPS. Enlighten us to help you

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Have you got SP2 or Acceleration installed for FSX? its a requirement I think.
I would think so. Isn't it a requirement for the MD-11 as well?
Sorry imprtant to clarify this : when you open the FMS popup you cannot see any key pressed on the screen ? does not respond to keyboard at all ?VangelisPS. Enlighten us to help you
Correct. Nothing happens on the FMS pop up. The VC one works fine.

HelloI have the same problem with being unable to open the Ramp manager it just comes up with a black box for half a second ??Any ideas ??ThanksSimon Ward

HelloI have the same problem with being unable to open the Ramp manager it just comes up with a black box for half a second ??Any ideas ??ThanksSimon Ward
Yup, that's same problem I have. I have SP2 and all the other FSX aircraft.

Ive had some issues with the DX 10 preview option and leaving me with some black boxes on some aircraft.I have the 295 GTX and I don't use the DX10 option and the J41 works like a charm. I've also got 2 monitors and have a manual open on one and the sim on the other. I would think that it's either the fact that you don't have SP2/Acceleration installed or the J41 may be interfering with some other aircraft.I say this because there are reports of pirated versions of PMDG aircraft not working together in FSX... So, that's just an idea.

Erik L.

Ive had some issues with the DX 10 preview option and leaving me with some black boxes on some aircraft.I have the 295 GTX and I don't use the DX10 option and the J41 works like a charm. I've also got 2 monitors and have a manual open on one and the sim on the other. I would think that it's either the fact that you don't have SP2/Acceleration installed or the J41 may be interfering with some other aircraft.I say this because there are reports of pirated versions of PMDG aircraft not working together in FSX... So, that's just an idea.
So, Guy, are you saying that the DX10 preview option issues is taken care of by SP2, or that regardless of SP2, you have to turn off DX10 preview? I have SP2. I haven't had any trouble with the other PMDG aircraft I've purchased. But, I'll try turning DX10 preview off, unless someone can convince me of a reason why that's a bad idea.

Doug, Turning off DX10 isn't bad at all. In fact, leaving it on *could* result in the potential runway and taxiway glitch where the textures seem to overlap each other and flash uncontrollably.If you ask me, DX10 is nothing more than a gimick and what Microsoft publicized it to look like in the sim isn't the reality. It just gives you the extra shadows in the cockpit and perhaps makes the water shinier but it's simply an FPS eater... And, if it was giving me issues with instrument displays, I would turn it off immediatly.

Erik L.