Sign in to follow this  

ActiveCamera: Can Anyone Confirm if it Works in FS2004?

Guest Petervan

Active camera is a dll for fs2k2. I'm sure a 99% it will not work on FS2k4 as it is.Guess the programmers of Anticyclone will wait FS9 is released and then will update the module.Unless FS2004 has default the same functionalities ... Peter

Ive tried emailing them about it a couple times over the last 2 months but they dont respond at all...its as if they just arent around anymore. It would be good if someone with the beta release could try it out as id really like to know if the Turbulence feature works properly.It would be a real shame to see this module die now because it adds incredible dimension to vc flying, ie. you can now "feel" your wheels touching down on the runway and you can "feel" yourself being bounced around in turbulent conditions, and you can even "feel" the vibration in your seat as you gain speed rolling down the runway for takeoff...you can set these effects to be as light or as extreme as you like....personally i set it on the low end so the effects are not over done and it really makes my vc experience so much more immersive i cant fly without it anymore cause it would feel too sterile now.If it DOESNT work in fs2k4 i would gladly pay for an updated module without hesitationDave

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Dave,Once FS2004 will be released we'll do our best to program a version compatible with this promising new simulator (as many fellow add-ons developers will do).As told by Petervan it is obvious that the actual Active Camera for FS2002 will not work at all, simply because the module has not been written with SDK's information (and therefore it will not be compatible).Anyway, after the FS9 release we'll start to work on a new module (we have ideas for some cool new features) ... and I'll send you my personal bank account information :DBest regards,

Guest product

Personally I'm hoping head latency and turbulence work with TrackIR in the next release , would make an awesome combination.Best,Joel

Hiya Serge! - thanks for the info, where have you guys been?...id like help with beta testing on the new module if possible so please email me: hangar@optonline.netbtw - i wasnt kidding, i think the concept behind this little gem of a module is certainly payware material.Looking forward to using it in fs2004, and i hope to hear from you in the mail!Dave

I agree with Dave. It raises the level of realism in a major way.I have really enjoyed ActiveCamera and would be willing to pay for an FS2004 version.Wilson

I use Track Ir and Active Camera together. The trick is to use two monitors. Slide any panel over to the 2nd monitor and everything works just fine.Rex