Sign in to follow this  
boeingqa9

Autopilot

Guys this has happened to me a few times...l`m on autopilot.. when l go to outside view and panaround or scrole the autopilot disengagesAny help on this would be great.Paul

Hey Paul, Did you happen to bump or move your yoke? I have found that the AP disconnects when I tried to bank. As far as I know this happens in the real plane.

Joystick on the floor hehehe.. l just remember soon as l used my mouse in the outside view l noticed the plane tilting up and l noticed the autopilot disangaged...But will try a new flight tomorrow and report back.. might be a problem with walk and follow? doesnt like the new plane heheheThanks budPaul

You may need to make the null zones for elevator and ailerons ever so slightly larger so that any jitter in the axis when at neutral doesn't cause the AP to disengage, pressing the trim buttons by mistake will also disengage the AP.

Cheers, Andy.

l will try that, l`ll report back tomorrow after another test flight. Hell l might do a quick one now heheheThanks guysPaul

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Accidentally moving the controls seems like a likely cause. The autopilot disengages if the yoke is moved more than about 50% travel in any axis. This accurately simulates the ability of the pilot to manually override the autopilot servos.I don't use "mouse look" myself, so I'm not sure if it's possible to accidentally move the yoke with the mouse or not, but it's worth a look.Other things that cause the autopilot to disengage:Manual OverrideAP/TRIM Master switch operationA/P OUT (yoke) Instinctive Cut Out switch operationFCS CONTROL Pushbutton operationAHRS Reversionary switch operationAHRS failureElectric Trim switch operationAP ENGAGE switch operation (when already engaged)CAP Press-to-Test switch operationStick Shaker operationRegards,Nick

Hope it works for ya Paul!Great tips Nick thank you!