Sign in to follow this  
Guest 777Pilot

Messed up aircraft textures

Guest 777Pilot

Ever since I installed Windows XP my aircraft textures have gone bad. They get all jagged where the wing and the fuselage connect and when you go into tower view or zoom far out in spot plane the textures get messed up and alot of noticeable lines and white boxes show up. I have tried checking anti-aliasing and still no fix. Can someone please help me fix my textures.Thank you.

Guest 777Pilot

I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 and I tried to install the XP drivers but it says in the installation that the video card isn't recognized by XP or some other error like that. I dont know if I should go ahead and install it because it says if I do that serious problems could occur to the system. Should I go ahead and install it?

If you could get the exact text of the error, that would be helpful. My guess is, that the driver isn't signed, in which case it should mention this in the installation instruction for the driver (i.e. it will instruct you to click on 'continue anyway').If you want to experiment, you can create a system restore point, and then install the driver - if things go wrong, you can restore your system back to the state it was in before installing the driver.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest 777Pilot

I'm new with XP how do you create a system restore point and if things go wrong how can I restore my system.

It's in 'Start Menu/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore'. The instructions are quite self-explanatory. If things go wrong, you can restore it to the earlier point from the same location, or, in case Windows won't start up, it will give you the option to start in safe mode or 'use last known good configuration'. That's the restore point you created.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest 777Pilot

Thank you for everything but I tried it and it just got worst I just dont know what to do. If any suggestions come up please tell me. Thanks Gosta.