Sign in to follow this  

Stopped because of FS2004?

Guest cast1010

I did. My next purchase (FS related) will be all the components required to upgrade my system and bring it to the year's standard.Carlos.

All addons should be compatible with FS2004 out of the box or with minor patches, I'm not worried... Most devs have already announced FS2004 compatibilty and I've already seen screens of a few things - Ultimate Traffic and the CS727 running on the FS2004 beta.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Joshieca

>All addons should be compatible with FS2004 out of the box or>with minor patches, I'm not worried...If any of your software uses AFCAD I would be.

Guest JonP01

I've stopped buying / downloading add-ons. Not because of any fear regarding FS2004, but simply because I don't know what add-ons I will wish to use in FS2004. For example, I'm so looking forward to the default historic aircraft that I don't really want to spend any more money on classic payware aircraft, as I am fairly sure I will like the upcoming MS aircraft a lot more.Perhaps the only exception I will make is buying Lago's Air File Pro. The main reason being that it is certain MS will not have the functionality of this add-on built into FS2004 and secondly that it will be much cheaper to buy it now than just buy the FS2004 version only.

Guest hoohah

I haven't stopped buying addons (actually I kinda just started again). But I trust that DreamFleet, FSD, RealAir and some other good guys will provide good service whenever fs2k4 actually does hit the shelves (no breath-holding here).There's a couple of publisher's that I refuse to patronize because of their lack of interest in providing updates for 2k addons when 2k2 was released (for a fee or otherwise)...I don't care how good/appealing their current products may be.I've already got the money saved for FS2k4 AND the new machine that it will certainly require...-Edwin King (hoo?)

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've stopped downloading scenery, because I figure there will be compatability issues (moved buildings, slightly different airport altitudes, etc.) and there was a post about MS moving away from .bgl files. I'm still downloading the occasional aircraft, but only if it fills a gap in my AI traffic.Y'know what I do instead? I start up the sim and fly airplanes! That's right, I actually PLAY the game instead of just tinkering with it! Try it. It's fun!

Guest PZL

Oi! Hey!According to Frank C. at www.projectai.com, there will be a version of AFCAD ready for FS2004 as soon as , or shortly after, FS2004 comes out .You can ask on the PAI forums if you want more info.PZL.

My FS2K2 baseline has been frozen until FS2K4 release. Already, 767 PIC will need patch to work in the new world - my fingers are crossed that this will happen in short order.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | HP Reverb G2 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR 220% OXR OXRTK Custom FFR CAS 50% AS -40% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Yes... I've stopped it all.I've even dumped tons of old stuff I downloaded and never tried, just to get my hard drive cleaned up. I just want to start out entirely new and fresh.Further, I think I'll be much more selective as to what I add back in. And that will be better documented.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Joshieca

>According to Frank C. at projectai, there will be a>version of AFCAD ready for FS2004 as soon as , or shortly>after, FS2004 comes out .From what I hear that this may not be possible.... Unless Frank is creating this program, there's a very good chance that there WONT be an AFCAD at release time or anytime soon there after. This means any program or addon which has used AFCAD as the bases for its software may not not work in FS04...just something to think about.

I recently made 2002 my gennie pig for 2004. I added PAI and then brought ultimate traffic just to see how they work. I think I might just use PAI in 2004. One thing that will be nice is not having to keep adding taxisigns. Taxiwaysign.com did a great service but it will be nice not to keep looking for more files in that department.Kilstorm