Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

At the moment there is much hype about FS2004, but I bet...

2 weeks after the release at the latest, the whining for a patch will start. :-lolWolfgang

yup how trueand all the ohhhhh and ahhhhhs will stoponce they all realise that all these screen shots they see are taken with all the sliders on max, and all of us cant run FS2004 on all sliders maxed.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Jeez, I thought I was the only one getting tired of hearing about the previewers talk about "volumetric clouds". LOL Actually, I made a comment a few weeks ago about this subject and it was like I had insulted someones mother. Not knowing when to keep my head down, I started an other thread this morning about "eye candy" (AI ATC Ground thread)Just friendly thoughts, this time! Fitz

The patch whining will probably come from those people who "didn't realize" the screenshots were taken at max sliders, and the system impact it requires.Luckily, I think most of us have intelligent heads on our shoulders and understand that to get fluid motion equivilant to the beautiful screenshots we see is going to require some "beautiful" system specs.I trust Microsoft (ack - never thought i'd say that) to test this fully and have it *reasonably* bug free upon release. Starting with FS2002, it appears that MS has assembled a Flight Sim team who cares deeply about the product, it's features, and "doing it right".I'm MUCH more concerned about the folks who will be complaining that it doesn't run smooth on their P2-400 or that the blurries aren't fixed, even though that is a critical "feature" making it run smoother. Hell - there are still some jaded folks calling FS2004 a patch to FS2002!I should get to work,-Germ

Guest frankcubillos

Anyone care to guess how many whiney posts are made when it's released? :-lol---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

NONE.. we are going to build in a "AI whine filter" here so that any message that even hints of a whine will be sent to the dev/null bucket. Okay Matt, your next project awaits you! :-lol

tom, I beleive cheesecloth makes a good whine filter.B

PRESS RELEASE - Seattle, 23 July 2003Microsoft Corporation has announced major changes to its much heralded "FS2004 - Century of Flight", released today.Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft and extremely rich person, had this to say:"We decided that, in view of the enormous number of complaints we had received about the sim from people who had never even seen it, we should remove all the aircraft from the software so that people can continue to look at thin air. This will also give the experienced user a clearer view of the changes we have made to weather patterns, ATC, roads and VFR scenery. Without the distraction of actually having to fly, nitpicking will be a far easier process thus guaranteeing a flood of entries in the flight simulation forums worldwide and, thereby, greatly increasing the exposure of our product.We are also pleased to announce that we will provide a 'patch' in due course to ensure the satisfaction of our very discerning audience. It will probably be plaid, with stitched edges; we were thinking of pink with a hint of yellow but will closely follow our user input focus groups to determine the best course of action.It may be, if the popularity of our new simulation is as great as we expect it to be, that we will include one or two aircraft for the sim at that time. Business is always somewhat of a calculated risk, but that is one we may have to take.Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to a Century of Flight".Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

To this day, I see screenshots in FS2002 with fps half mine, on systems twice my speed, and no detail in the shot that makes it better than what I can post.Why? Because such shots may be produced under the impact of subtle, unseen settings, such as AI, water reflections, screen res, etc... I've no doubt the same is happening with the FS2004 shots.I never felt the issues surrounding a FS2002 patch were fully resolved. Multiplayer was left with a lot of serious issues, and it was left to third party scenery designers and FDE designers to fix certain aspects of the sim. I think Microsoft put themselves into an artificial box by being adamant about its "as is" policy for FS2002. In the end, FS2002 works for most of us as is... But it would have been better for Microsoft to leave the door cracked slightly open.Even w/o a patch, I would rank FS2002 as the best flight simulator of all time, and the most flexible given the wide range of systems out there. We can only hope Microsoft hasn't changed that path with FS2004....

Hi, "and all the ohhhhh and ahhhhhs will stoponce they all realise that all these screen shots they see are taken with all the sliders on max, and all of us cant run FS2004 on all sliders maxed."Statement about full slide do not means anythings major on graphics, mesh at full slider right is useless and frame rate killer for nothing, Autogen slider you can drop this little and you frame rate will be improved cloud slider etc. The graphics will not drop major at all.Fs2002 at the release the higher computer available was the 1.4GHZ , 3d card 64 meg gforce 2 available in the market. How many user have the slider to full right at the release? Fs2004 is for two years, product is made for two years. not one years like many.If you bought any 3d complex latest games comparable to Flight sim with many details, you will require a mid or high system fro the market release, if you want many many details enabled.Before Fs2002 release system market:Lower systemPIII 450mhz ghz, 3d card 32 meg, 128 ramMidPIII 800, 3d card 64 meg, 512 ramHighPIII 1.4 GHZ, 64 meg ram, 512ram, 1024 ramBefore Fs2004 system market release: Lower System1.4 ghz, 3d card 64 meg, 256 ramMid2.4, 3d card 128 meg, 512 ramHigh3.4, 3d card 256 ram, 512, 1024 ramAlso Statement you heard about fs2004 at E3 on performance with the betaX are not the final conclusion.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest wathomas777

The Whining has already begun. There was just a screenshot, on another thread about use of multiple runways, and there were multiple whines about how the daytime anticollision lights were too bright and how Microsoft was placing style before realism.PLEASE.

FS2004 needs a patch!! FS2004 is totally crud, it's unusable! It won't load on my Pentium 75 with 16MB RAM! It needs to be patched!!:-xxrotflmao{/badhumour}I think the whining and complaining started the same day as the first ever screenshot was released... :(But I'll bet those complainers will be out buying FS2004 soon enough anyways..... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Paul_W

>The Whining has already begun. There was just a screenshot,>on another thread about use of multiple runways, and there>were multiple whines about how the daytime anticollision>lights were too bright and how Microsoft was placing style>before realism.>>PLEASE. Yeah! Just Thursday there was a new LOMAC video released that shows a jet diving down towards the runway, and you should have heard all the "whining" going on in the Ubi forum about the smoky black ribbons coming off the wingtips and trailing in the jet's wake. True...those black ribbons coming from the wingtips did look rather odd and should probably be a different color, but honestly, what "whiners"--I mean, the product hasn't even been released yet. You should hear these people; who do they think they are???Then there was the time a few weeks ago when engine heat exhaust cones were previewed in another LOMAC video. Uh, the "whiners"--you should have heard them! The heat exhaust plume was "too wide"; it was "too sharp" on the edges; it didn't "look right." I mean, what were they thinking???Funnily enough the heat exhaust looked pretty good in the most recent video though...perhaps the developers had re-worked it. Oh well, those people who suggested those very improvements are still "whiners"--I know that for a fact because it's very fashionable to call them names like that in places like this, and all you folks who do that can't be wrong! I mean, there's just too many of you to be wrong, so they're definitely "whiners." Right? No doubt about it....