Sign in to follow this  
clkuehn

JS4100 failure model

Dear PMDG Team, dear beta testers,I wonder a bit about the failure model of this amazing plane JS4100. I was astonished to find the PMDG Addons menu empty for we saw, among others, a "Failures" item to choose. :( The product page mentions an engine failure model. Please would any of you comment on the following questions/statements:I guess non-engine failures work via the FSX failure menu (e.g. random instrument failures etc.)?Those probability based failures: Does short term EGT overtemp influence these, in other words: do I run more often into engine problems, if I do not handle them correctlyDoes it accumulate between flights?Would that be a global variable affecting any livery or do I esentially own above a dozen different JS41's with those liveries installed?Looking forward to your replies!And: Thank you so much for this intriguing simulation.You know there are so many out there silently appreciating like me! :( Regards,Clemens

There is not a pmdg failure feature in the JS41. That is the limit of my knowledge, sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Will one be added? I was really hoping the JS-41 would get the full same features as the jets, especially for failures both big and small. Some of us prop drivers do like complete realism too!That said it's already an outstanding product, and the engine fires etc. are awesome, but I really do want to be able to see random failures like the MD-11 etc. have.

The product page mentions an engine failure model.
There is no failure menu for the engines. Simply put, the misuse and mismanagement of an engine will fail that engine.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

We had originally intended to do a full failure simulation, but ultimately decided it was outside the scope of a product at this price. (it also would have added months onto the development time) This product line starting with the J41 and continuing with the Dash 8 and so on aren't intended to be the same level of extreme study sim that the MD-11 and 744 and the upcoming NG 2.0 are. We had to draw the line somewhere and we thought that including the engine management related failures were enough to keep people busy. We think this is a good general purpose addon, it has extremely high fidelity for the systems that are simulated, it's still better than 95% of what else is out there, and it's at a price that a lot more people will find affordable as opposed to the study sims.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

While disappointing not to have the failure module I do understand about the price point. For the price it is not a disappointment at all. I thoroughly enjoy the J41. It is nice to have a aircraft of PMDG quality without the many years of wait time. Is the double edged sword I suppose. Is good to hear there will be a sort of PMDG "lite" line. As long as there is some sort of engine failure module that imposes some consequence for action. I do hope the 737 is on par with the MD-11 though.

We had originally intended to do a full failure simulation, but ultimately decided it was outside the scope of a product at this price. (it also would have added months onto the development time) This product line starting with the J41 and continuing with the Dash 8 and so on aren't intended to be the same level of extreme study sim that the MD-11 and 744 and the upcoming NG 2.0 are. We had to draw the line somewhere and we thought that including the engine management related failures were enough to keep people busy. We think this is a good general purpose addon, it has extremely high fidelity for the systems that are simulated, it's still better than 95% of what else is out there, and it's at a price that a lot more people will find affordable as opposed to the study sims.
Ryan, can you give me an idea of how detailed your upcoming Dash 8 project, is going to be with respect to failures, when compared to the beautiful Dash 8-Q300 sold by Majestic. I ask this question because I love PMDG's products and I would love to be able to say that I own them all. But I already own the Majestic Dash 8 Pro edition which has a pretty detailed failure module, a module which can be operated remotely from another PC. BTW, a wonderful accomplishment on PMDG's part, with regards to this Jetstream, I am beginning to 'feel' as though I AM a pilot and that this is surpassing 'As Real as it gets', and actually becoming real!! :( Regards,GodfreyG :(

The Dash 8 is only in the planning stage right now... we're certainly aware of the Majestic one and certainly whatever we do is going to offer something above what theirs does, though not necessarily in the realm of failure modeling.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Funny... I asked the same question a day or two ago on this forum and still haven't got a reply... Anyway... Since there isn't gonna be a failure module, eventhough it was stated there would be... and since the reason for not incorporating it into the J41 is because of both price point and development time, would you all consider developing it and then charging for it as an addon to the existing J41? I can only speak for myself, but I was really looking foreward to a good failure system included in the J41 as well as I would pay another 40 USD for it.JB

Funny... I asked the same question a day or two ago on this forum and still haven't got a reply... Anyway... Since there isn't gonna be a failure module, eventhough it was stated there would be... and since the reason for not incorporating it into the J41 is because of both price point and development time, would you all consider developing it and then charging for it as an addon to the existing J41? I can only speak for myself, but I was really looking foreward to a good failure system included in the J41 as well as I would pay another 40 USD for it.JB
I agree with you and I would also gladly pay for such feature

+1If PMDG want to go down the line of offering cheaper products due to less product features, I think they should still go for the hardcore simmer as well. I'd happily pay extra for a failure model, deeper systems, etc...Maybe PMDG will look at ways of making failure modelling an optional extra cost item that is an addition to the base product? That way, all simmers can be happy.Best regards,Robin.

And just getting something off my chest... 1st off, I love the J41, it's another prime example of a great FS developer taking three steps ahead of the game in producing another fabulous FS simulator...With that being said, I am just a hair dissapointed that PMDG waited till after release to let us know that the failure module which was stated as being a future part of the J41 was discontinued. If I woulda known before release I still woulda bought the product anyway. During development I asked a couple times in these forums how the failure module that Robert mentioned was progressing for the J41. I never got a reply. I'm sure they knew that they weren't gonna make the failure module around the time that I asked. It now makes sense why I never got a reply.Now that thats off my chest and no offense to anyone, I mean you guys did an amazing job with the J41 and it really raises the bar. But, it's a shame that you all didn't continue to polish the aircraft off with the, "New Failure Module Incorporating some of the ideas from the community". Again, I will pay twice to get that feature in the future.Please take a serious look to see if it's monetarily worth your companies time to create an addon module to the J41.Thanks againJBJB

And just getting something off my chest... 1st off, I love the J41, it's another prime example of a great FS developer taking three steps ahead of the game in producing another fabulous FS simulator...With that being said, I am just a hair dissapointed that PMDG waited till after release to let us know that the failure module which was stated as being a future part of the J41 was discontinued. If I woulda known before release I still woulda bought the product anyway. During development I asked a couple times in these forums how the failure module that Robert mentioned was progressing for the J41. I never got a reply. I'm sure they knew that they weren't gonna make the failure module around the time that I asked. It now makes sense why I never got a reply.Now that thats off my chest and no offense to anyone, I mean you guys did an amazing job with the J41 and it really raises the bar. But, it's a shame that you all didn't continue to polish the aircraft off with the, "New Failure Module Incorporating some of the ideas from the community". Again, I will pay twice to get that feature in the future.Please take a serious look to see if it's monetarily worth your companies time to create an addon module to the J41.Thanks againJB
JB, thanks. That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. It kind of spoils my excitation. It's a terrific plane anyway and after all if I understand it correctly it was a testing project for the NGX...Clemens

We had to draw the line somewhere and we thought that including the engine management related failures were enough to keep people busy. We think this is a good general purpose addon
Can we safely say that the JS41 is an express addon ?Ben

Can we safely say that the JS41 is an express addon ?Ben
The previous express products had a VC, an exterbal model and a few custom gauges.This one has all of the above plus custom system to hot-and-burning detail everything and an FMS.So this certainly is NOT an express product. It is not an ailiner series as the MD11 and the 747. But then again it costs 40+% less.It is a "TRUE BARGAIN" series product !Best,Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================