Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

roll sounds

Guest slydon

We have new roll sounds on the runway which is nice. I want someone to come up with the sound that a small plane makes when it is off the runway---sort of a clatter, rattle sound. It's kind of hard to explain but I think most of you know what I mean. Maybe it has already been done. If so would someone point me to it please. Don

Guest product

I really like what the Real Air team did with this in their Marchetti, would also like to add a bit of creak and rattle to my GA flying. Let me know if you come up with anything!Joel

Guest slydon

I'm glad you know what I am talking about. My problem is that I don't know how to program anything. Don

Guest Lizardo

(see BFU forum for alternatives) ;-)

Guest Douglas K

Look in the FS2002 sound folder for the Wav files named:cnrollcnroll3cnroll6usroll1usroll2usroll3When I open and play these files with Windows Media Player or sound recorder, I hear plenty of clatter and rattling so this could be for you.If they are what you want, then assign them to your aircraft's sound CFG file like this:[GROUND_ROLL]filename=cnroll80maximum_rate=1.60link=GROUND_ROLL2If the sound CFG file of the aircraft whose ground roll sound you want to modify has multiple enties under [GROUND_ROLL] as below:[GROUND_ROLL2]filename=cnrollflags=6612link=GROUND_ROLL3[GROUND_ROLL3]filename=cnroll3flags=121300link=GROUND_ROLL4[GROUND_ROLL4]filename=cnroll4<---change this oneflags=512link=GROUND_ROLL5[GROUND_ROLL5]filename=cnroll5<---change this oneflags=1024link=GROUND_ROLL6[GROUND_ROLL6]filename=cnroll6flags=131072then you can delete every entry except the first ([GROUND_ROLL]) or change each filename reference to a Wav file that you want; one that rattles and clatters like the six Wavs I listed at the beginning of this reply.Back up your sound CFG file to another location before making any changes.

Guest slydon

Thanks Douglas. Hope I don't screw up. I guess it should be ok as long as I make a backup. Don