Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Reality XP Garmin suite vs. Sim systems Freeware?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the benefits of the RealityXP avionics as compared to the (now free) Sim systems gear? Thanks!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for the link - but that's not much of a "rundown". Sometime around August, I think I'll have digested some of that mess :)!!!I'm guessing you're all about the Reality XP suite?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest rogue1

Essentially there are these differences:The RealityXP Garmins are real FS gauges, in that you can place them on a panel. They ship with a utility that allows you to add them as popup windows. If you are conversant in panel.cfg lingo, you can also add them to another window in your panel (say the main one). The FSGarmins are FS modules, similar to FSNavigator, there are dll's that go in the modules folder along with other support folders.The FSGarmins provide a mechanism to load charts as a background, the RealityXP Garmins do not (or at least I haven't figured out how).The RealityXP Garmins provide TCAS.Then you have the cost and support. RealityXP provides a moderated support forum and you get replies from the developer. The FSGarmins being freeware now have no support, there are some forums that are moderated by users of the FSGarmins (see the one here at AVSIM). Unfortunately, I do not believe that anybody from SimSystems is active on any of these forums, so any support you will receive is from other users who may or may not be able to help you with your problems.I believe that the FSGarmins use FSUIPC for the interface with the simulator, the RealityXP does not use FSUIPC.The FSGarmins may or may not work in the upcoming new version of FS, the RealityXP Garmins are almost guaranteed to work (I'd be surprised if they don't).That in a nutshell is what the main differences are. I use the RealityXP Garmin, and the SimSystems FSFlightMax. I am also developing a freeware application to provide weather display in the FSGarmins. My experience with the FSGarmins (I've got them installed for testing purposes only) has been spotty, the RealityXP Garmin just works.There is currently no GNS430 from RealityXP, but I understand that the next release will have them in there (Jean-Luc, is that still correct?).Hope this helps.Jim

Beautiful! Thanks tons.sg

Guest rogue1

Doesn't exist. I'd say right now, the RealityXP Garmin. Then in FS2004(sic) you'll have a full-blown Garmin GPS500, which is pretty much the GNS530 without the NAV/COM capability.Jim

Guest UweR

Hi, I may be able to add a thing or two...The FSAvionics FSGarmin has two and a half features that make it a must have...- it works on a networked machine, thus the main machine doesn

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Uwe,charts and network? hum...I would urge the Reality XP developpers to add such a feature in a future product then. It shouldn't be that hard to display a moving bitmap in a gauge, and do it accross the network isn't it? :-)Best,

>- Reality XP has the best display technology of all>(Meridian!) and a very professional reputationI agree. Moreover I think Reality-XP would be a serious candidate for the "Most Valuable Contributor Award" in 2003. I can't think of any other FS add-on that made such a difference in this flight sim hobby of ours in the last 6 months or so.Michael J.

Guest hoohah

I agree. I'm a recent Reality-XP convert, by way of the FSGarmin freebies. The Garmin Trainer thing is sort of a kludge, but I have had only one problem with having to increase the environment memory to run it (I've got a lot of console tools on my machine). And I have not had any crashes with the GNS or the Apollo units.I'll be getting the JetLine avionics soon...

Guest oyvindhansen

I consider the RXP products to be my best purchases for fs along with 767PIC. The recent jetline displays together with the flightline avionics have redefined my simming experience.- Oyvind

Guest JeanLuc_

Well, not this year...Sincerely appreciated though!

Guest anthonye

>I consider the RXP products to be my best purchases for fs>along with 767PIC. The recent jetline displays together with>the flightline avionics have redefined my simming experience.>>- OyvindHear, Hear !!How about fsnav flghtplan imports into the 530XP,whoops sorry should have put this into the reality forum :-) Anthony...