Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stompy

Poll: Lessons

How many users would like to see more lessons for Commercial, Instrument, and Multi-engine maneuvers like Lazy 8

Guest Stompy

Yay!IMO, the more lessons, the better. This is my primary learning tool so the more they can stuff in there, the happier I am. Even basic stuff, while being routine for most of us, would be really nice to have for the total newbies.Heck, I think the beginning lessons skip a lot of stuff and lump too much of it together anyway! So bring on the lessons! I'm ready, Rod! :-)

I'm with you!! -- the FS2002 lessons were pathetic!! The audio is extremely difficult to hear ( I am still not sure whether this was some kind of attempt at "realism" or just a matter of poor quality control) and the lessons themselves leap from flying a Cessna to flying a B737 . Even then , the lessons associated with the B737 have you starting in mid-air and assume that you know how to fly one.I haven't been able to get any info about what lessons or adventures are included in FS2004.Barry

I'm a little dissapointed myself with the lessons in 2002. I do like the private checkride when compared to prior versions though. However, the other lessons and check rides are in need of some review and changes/additions. I loaded up the Instrument Check Ride and first off found that the outline of the flight doesn't match what you do in the flight. It says that during the ride you will fly the VOR 16L/R approach into KSEA when it actually gives you the 34L/R VOR approach. Then when it come time to fly the hold I keep failing due to the fact that in the lessons both written and flights it never says the full info on holds. Example is I'm flying inbound on the 140 Radial to the VOR SEA. My instructions are to hold the 140 Radialat the SEA VOR. So heres my question: when I get to the VOR do I start my 1 min turn to get headed on my outbound leg since I'm flying 140? That seems right. Thing is if I make a standard turn (right turn) I fail but if I make a non-standard turn (left turn) they let me do the hold however I'm never told to do a non-standard turn and I going by right turn standard / left turn non-standard as written in the lessons of FS. I wish MS would give more info on holds and have more lessons providing the entrys into holds. It seems this Check Ride and the lessons that come with are review for rated real life pilots and not a tool to advance newbie pilots. I would just like to know if anyone would like to help if a 140 radial hold means that the inbound leg is 140 where the fix is the VOR to start your outbound turn and is it right or left turns, as well as how to enter this hold when your already coming in on the 140 direct radial of that VOR?Kilstorm

Guest Stompy

Phew! Well at least no one out and out disagreed with me...I was getting worried after I posted it. :-)Oh and yes, emergency procedures would be incredible as well.Hey, has anyone ever tried the introductory flight? I did...once...and I don't know what the hell I modified or changed in the sim but apparently Rod was pretty unhappy with life and flew us directly into a house. :-hangSince they've done all this work for the "Learning Center" they're so proud of, maybe the lessons will be greatly improved this time...