Sign in to follow this  
JW6984

Anyone else not able to download from AVSIM?

Tried logging in to download a file but keep getting a user/password request (after the initial file library login). Put in my username and password and it says it is incorrect (which it isn't - checked and double checked).Adam

Guest Pesawat

Ya been having the same problem too, or that suddenly cookies not seem to be valid, and then after a while valid again. Ohh well given the fact that the serverload "problem" is well know n Im sure that Tom n the rest are doing the best to keep thing up n running guess just to wait it out..Does seem to be happen more and more lately, iv been using the lib for a few years now and to me it seems graduatly getting worse, then again Patience is a virtue ;)Aziz

Guest Bush Flyer

After clicking an item for download the library download screen appears and once the download should start a message appears: "page not found". You have to retry the download a number of times to get it working. Well, in my case it did.

Guest dodger

Hi, Well i thought it was my system playing up as i have had the same trouble downloading and when i have got though it only downloads at between 9&10 KB/Sec, i have never seen it that low its normally at least 60/70, so whats going on then?. Cheers .

Guest UKPilot

Hi, Getting a bit fed up too, I keep getting:- ALERT:- 530sorry!We are really busy, please try again later.Had this for 2 days straight now, no matter what time i try.UKP

For me in the UK the library has been slow for over a year.I have recently received the 'sorry we are busy' a few times, quite ironic considering another site is know as 'All nodes busy', I have no trouble downloading from there and that's with ordinary membership!I have in the past donated to the library fund but no longer until access improves to the level it was.

Guys not sure what the problem is exactly for each of you. The sever has been hammered because of the Canary Island download and that is causing some of the issues. It should let up in a day or so. For those with long term problems we have had no wide spread reports of the same. Send an e-mail to srstaff@avsim.com, with all your particulars and we will see what we can findhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg

I find that an offensive comment Tom. I was not looking for a refund just expressing my views on the performance of library over the last 12 months or so in my experience. Once the performance returns to the level I previously enjoyed I will be more than happy to donate.Regards

I don't know what you find offensive; I simply offered to return your donation. No judgements, prejoratives or anything else implied.

Yes, I've had problems over the past 6 months. "Page Not Found" screen appears every time I try to download a file. It started about 6 months ago, then suddenly stopped for a month or so, now it's back. I've read the previous posts about firewall configuration, cookies, trusted site lists, etc. but nothing works this time. I have all 4 site addresses listed in my trusted sites list, and nothing in my firewall is blocking it as far as I can tell. I have not changed anything on my PC during this time. This is the only site where I have a problem with downloads, I routinely download from other sites (both FS and others) without problem. AVSIM is the best FS forum with the best selection of files, many of which I can't find anywhere else. I haven't been able to download anything for 2 weeks now.