Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 gone RTM / Gold!

:-kewl Isn't this a little early for gold? Didn't the release date get pushed back to the end of July? Not that I am complaining! :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Lizardo

Haha, sorry, I just can't resist: "and without asking us (via polls at least?) if we liked it or not." Henry Ford: "Any color so long as it's black."

Guest Matt Johnson

Yup, it does seem very early for RTM compared with other releases...

Guest Tinkan

Sounds great, anybody have a press release?

Guest Tinkan

I believe it does.. can anybody confirm?

My guess is that the beta testers would have to have the gold release in their possession before an NDA were lifted. You wouldn't want them revealing details to us, based solely on their knowledge of a beta release, would you? :)

>I believe it does.. can anybody confirm?Mmmmmwhhummmmppp!!!!voice>:-hah

hmmm...I was surprised already at the early introduction of the official FS 2004 website and release of press previews and screenshots/videos...and now this...I don't think the release date was ever 'pushed back' to the end of july-that was the intended date all along wasn't it? But if it really has gone gold now, it might even make the end of june!Just had a thought...are there any big aviation events planned for late june/early july that might have triggered an early release?

Guest SlimDady

the original release date was what the 19th of june and it was pushed back sometime into the end of july.Im pretty sure we will see it in july. To press all the cds and ship everything will prob take some time.

>Im pretty sure we will see it in july. To press all the cds>and ship everything will prob take some time.Why should it? Most games that come out go gold like the week before they're released. I bought Unreal Tournament 2003 like 4 days after it went gold when the first shipment came in to the Software Etc. here. Hopefully MS doesn't delay just to meet the already stated release date and we'll all be flying it within the next week and half or so!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com