Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

J41 SP1 STATUS UPDATE AND ISSUE TRACKING

Current as of 9/23/2009Captains,Hope you're all enjoying the new aircraft!Here's a quick status update on some of the issues we're tracking and stuff that's been fixed for Service Pack 1 (SP1):CTDs:a. Happening at startup - these appear to be related to corrupt default flight situations, default flights that use other complex aircraft, and so on. We suggest rebuilding your FSX.cfg (just delete or rename the current one). Do not use complex addons with custom programming such as our aircraft, Level-D, Wilco etc as your default startup flight as this can cause conflicts that happen invisibly in the background. Your default flight should use the MS default ultralight, C172 etc...b. Happening during flight or as the sim exits - we're still trying to find the source of these, it's very hard to track stuff like this down when just a handful of users are seeing it. I've personally done 10+ flights in the last few days trying to reproduce them and I haven't seen it once. We'll keep trying until we find it though.Ramp manager & 2D FMS not visible or not clickable:This appears to be related to corrupted installs of SP2 or Acceleration. We recommend doing a reinstall of SP2 or (if you have it) a repair install of Acceleration as well as rebuilding the FSX.cfg afterwards, as outlined above. This has fixed the issue for several users. Please note - if you have Acceleration, you do not need SP2, it's already integrated into the expansion.Validation key entry box doesn't pop up:We're nearly certain this is window focus issue, we're not sure why it's happening, but the workaround that has worked for some is to run the Windows Task Manager (right click the taskbar and choose it) and then select the "Applications" tab. Look for an entry referencing Activation and then right click it and select "Switch To." This should show the dialog and allow you to enter your key.Custom key commands:It's on the list - I'm not going to make promises because it's a fairly significant programming time commitment to get it in, but I have asked for it and will try to make it happen if at all possible. I know some of you are using cockpit hardware and I understand the frustration of having to use the mouse for stuff.Livery installers:The issue some users saw where a \ was missing from the path was fixed several days ago. The livery installers are all working now, just redownload.Minor issues:Spoilers not extending/not retracting after landing - fixedADF tuning - fixedFire detection test doesn't work under battery power - fixedTuning DME stations not associated with VORs - fixedAltimeter doesn't adjust below 1000hPa - fixedTrim calculation on loadsheet doesn't update - fixedDoor open anunciators not showing on CAP - fixedConfiguration Manager 120dpi compatibility - fixedFMS transition altitude CTD - fixedButtons other than FPL not working on the FMS - fixedTO/FROM flag on EHSI - fixedAP Warning lights on coaming panel - fixedOther issues under investigation and pending fixes:Engine sounds only coming out of front speakers on surround sound systemsVarious FMS issues and additionsKeyboard entry mode for FMSETA:We do not have an ETA yet for SP1 as we want to make sure we actually find the source of the CTDs a handful of users are experiencing. We will let you know when we do - please do not post threads asking when, we want it out just as fast as you do and if we haven't said anything, it means we don't know yet ourselves.Thanks again everyone, this has been one of the best product launches we've had overall and you all have our heartfelt thanks for purchasing the plane! The best thing you can do to help us is spread the word and tell others how much you like it!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Many thanks for the update update....Would it be a good idea to start a new (sticky) topic for the CTDs were every customers has to write down what system, what hardware, what addons, what language, what drivers etc. he have?Maybe we see the commons between this users and then maybe the issue???If you think thats a good idea, please start a topic with defined questions.thank you!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the status update, first PMDG aircraft for me and loving it ;) Flying on IVAO as I write... Great plane and will be perfect when all issues are sorted out ;)

Guest 747-fan

Interesting. Could you elaborate a bit on the FMC additions please? what are you considering doing? Holds and perhaps more things?

Thanks. Although there are of course some problems I conclude this plane was thoroughly tested before release. I think there are very, very few problems reported for such a very complex aircraft. Well done and thanks for taking serious almost every suggestion made here on the forums.

Captains,Hope you're all enjoying the new aircraft!Here's a quick status update on some of the issues we're tracking and stuff that's been fixed for Service Pack 1 (SP1):
Thanks for this very quick status update Ryan, it is surely comforting to know that you guys are on top of your game. This is surely an awesome and realistic sim aircraft, and..., for crying out loud, we've not only have realistically moving pilots, but we also have passengers that move as well. One guy scared the beejeebers out of me, as I was examining the exterior model while in flight. 'HE' suddemly turned his head and glanced out of the window. YIKES !!!! :( What a marvelous job you fellows have done with this craft, and even on my meager system, I am receiving pretty decent FPS. :( Great work guys.Best Regards,GodfreyG :(

Thanks again everyone, this has been one of the best product launches we've had overall and you all have our heartfelt thanks for purchasing the plane! The best thing you can do to help us is spread the word and tell others how much you like it!
Wow, nice to hear that! I really have been eager to know, remembering all those "PMDG will not make profit with a small turboprop" posts.Glad to hear they were wrong. Congratulations to the team. Really appreciate your dedication. Though, yesterday I nearly overshot - she's really hard to slow down on approach... It definitely feels realistic (well as far as I can tell :( ), anyway: outstanding product!Clemens

Guest csandel

A big thumb up for the JS41 team, I've just landed in London City after a short test trip in Speedbird livery from Paris Le Bourget and this aircraft is a jewel! I'm glad to hear you're already tracking and working on most of our issues :)

Congratulations on the product launch. It's great and we're all certainly very thankful for your all-day support on our issues and surely hope you can have a successful SP1 launch in the near future. :(

Erik L.

thanks, :-) iam really looking forward to sp1is it possible with sp1 to save the fms in your flights as well? at the moment it seems there can be only 1 active flightplan on all your prepared j41 flightsthanks :)

Just a copy and paste from a previous post :- After the hydraulic circuit fault and the emergency accu empty, the left and right brake still showing 2600 PSI... It's equivalent the weight repartition if the Effeil tower was 460 000 tonnes, she does 10 000 tonnes. Strong legs from the Captain and the PNF...- In case of hydraulic failure, it's impossible to move the flap switch more than 9 degrees... The flap selector on the center console is electric with a spring...- Without GPU, is it normal that i still hear the sound of the motor starting without aux pump with 0.0 volt ? A lot of people still want a working hold fonction, thanks you to add it to the SP1Ben

Guest SVA121

Thank you for an excellent product!I just bought mine and I am very happy with it.Though, I wish you could do a 2D panel for people like me who only fly with 2D panels!Thanks :)Mo

I wish you could do a 2D panel for people like me who only fly with 2D panels!
Like Robert said, we will never see any 2D panel on this aircraft.