Sign in to follow this  

Flight Videos

I can record and play back Flight Videos with no poblem, however, how does one copy this activity to a floppy disk to give to someone, or is it possible to do this using FS2002.James

Guest moomox

have you tried the program FlightREC? It is a little more advanced when it comes to recording FS2002 flights... and I believe is would allow you to store the flight on floppy...Anyone else have an opinion? :-)

Thanks for the info David. I will try FlightRec and inform you of the results.James

David,I tried the link and it seems to be the correct one. It has nine files. I took a quick look at the "Readme" file and it has good detail for installatioin and operation. I will install it and see what happens. Again, thanks for the help.James

Guest seev_39

Hi Guys,I think that what you want to do, recording flight videos straight from an fs2002 file, is unfortunately impossible. The reason for this is that the video you make and save as a FSR file is not a recording at all. It is a collection of events that can be played back only from within FS2002.Just look at the size of the video file (you will find it in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002flightsmyflts) and you will understand it. A 10 minute flight (1/4 seconds) is about 3,500 kb and that is nothing for a recording.The only way to get a recording on CD or DVD is by using advanced recording and editing equipment and software. I asked the same question on LAGO forum some time ago and a very helpful person who does such recordings explained it all and even gave all details needed.The alternative is to play your recordings from within FS2002. For that purpose you can send your FSR file to anyone who has FS.Sorry to disapoint youHave funSeev

Hi Seev,Thanks for the reply. What you said does make sense.It will be interesting to see what MS does for this activity in FS2004.James